The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Dallas Stars | Lightning win 2020 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Final  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2020 at 12:00 AM

7 hours ago, Grape said:

Hate Dallas.

Also sometimes don't enjoy that hockey is too random of a sport, so I hope the better team wins, aka Tampa. That calibre of a team would have multiple championships in another league already so I think they deserve it.

Dallas was ahead 3-2 last year and lost to St Louis.  Each round I’ve been saying a lot of CDCers are not giving them enough credit,  they are deeper this year and underrated - and also enjoy almost as much tax relief as Vegas/TB do (so can afford a stacked team).   Vegas outplayed them but it wasn’t close to what they did to us.    I’m still going with TB (in 7),  but this should be a close series.    Anyone’s to win really.   Dallas has a short window as it is - a veteran team, possibly their only crack at it,  TB has been mostly good for over a decade now and their second core around Stamkos/Hedman has five more quality chances....  

Dallas just proved the Canucks are not far off from making the dance. They played Vegas a little better. Still rode a hot goalie. Just don't want to see the farm mortgage. Develope from within. Free agents seldom seem look like good ideas after the fact. They drive internal contracts up.

Funny enough, both teams have won one Stanley Cup in controversy; Dallas with the skate in the crease, and Tampa with the Calgary missed goal.

I don't care for Seguin, Benn, and Perry, but I'm not going to be mad either way.

I think Tampa has more skill than Vegas, but I don't think they'll dominate play as much.

Tampa in 6 as they break through Khudobin.

Cirelli scoring the OT game winner in game 6 is no surprise. Cirelli was picked 3 spots after Brisebois in his draft year. At the time of his draft, I was excited that he was available in the third round, but disappointed that JB did not pick him...the guy scored the only two goals in the Memorial Cup final, it was an indication of things to come.

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1

Hoping Dallas wins only because our boy JT Miller played for Tampa last year and them winning after trading JT doesn't look good on JT.

I know Tampa will hoist the cup though...only thing stopping them will be a hot goaltender....Tampa in 5.

At first my gut instinct was to vote for Tampa Bay, but after thinking about it more I’m voting Dallas in 7. The Lightning are banged up right now and Dallas has been playing well and is rested. Nobody thought that they would make the finals and here they are. Don’t like many of their players but hard not to like Rick Bowness. Go Dallas!

• Like 1