The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Dallas Stars | Lightning win 2020 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2020 Stanley Cup Final  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2020 at 12:00 AM

6 hours ago, grumpyone said:

I just want them to play a loud crowd booing when Bettman steps on the ice to award the cup

lol 

That would be an epic way to mimic the reality.

Stanley cup being handed out without Bettman getting booed? That ain't da real stanley cup.

• Cheers 1

Pretty cruel of the NHL to throw the Lightning right in with only a day’s rest, but that’s life in the bubble.

I like Tampa more than Dallas, but don’t really care either way. As others have said, just glad it’s not Vegas in there.

After the finals, I fear it’ll be awhile before we see NHL hockey again. Maybe a half season, starting in February, once vaccinations are making their rounds.

10 minutes ago, Slegr said:

[...]

After the finals, I fear it’ll be awhile before we see NHL hockey again. Maybe a half season, starting in February, once vaccinations are making their rounds.

I agree. I will try to enjoy these last couple of weeks of NHL hockey as there is uncertainty of when we will see it again.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Pretty cruel of the NHL to throw the Lightning right in with only a day’s rest, but that’s life in the bubble.

I like Tampa more than Dallas, but don’t really care either way. As others have said, just glad it’s not Vegas in there.

Pretty sure the NHLPA wanted the schedule for the playoffs to be done as soon as possible so they can have as much rest before next season. So I wouldn't blame this entirely on the NHL. But yeah this definitely sucks but at the same time. Dallas should be rewarded for disposing of their opponent early. It's all part of the post season grind. Tampa isn't completely at a disadvantage. They can ride the high of just playing and just winning. But they are indeed hurting so that pro isn't as big as it could be.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Dallas Stars | Series tied 0-0
5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Point playing hurt, Stamkos out to start? 

I give the Stars a shot. Stars in 7? But this is hard to call.

Heskainen is amazing!  

Yeah, one Hedman injury away for being comparable to the Canucks 2011 run...only Hamhuis went down and the Nucks were riddled with injuries.