The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies

Sharpshooter

55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You got it.  Shes not even cold and he's crapping on her literal last wish before dying.

Mitch Mcconnell is everything evil in America but his base think he's a patriot

I've always pictured McConnell as the real life version of the senator from the move Shooter. Sometimes the world needs a Bob Lee Swagger.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, hateleafs said:

I wasn’t talking about the administration I mean in terms of justice voting for death or life for abortions etc besides COVID is a political game as well.  You can’t trust the COVID deaths being reported or any of the fear mongering media on COVID reporting. 
for example now that Trump is working hard for a vaccine now the media is turning it into a negative 

tRump’s  never worked hard at anything in his life.  

C95C454A-53D1-42FC-9FB4-79BBE8DB840F.png

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Andrew Johnson 1868. A result of his impeachment and subsequent acquittal in the Senate he failed to win his party's nomination for a 2nd term in 1869.

While the current Republican Party would never have the sense of honour to do something like this.  They've sold out on all their democratic and ethical principles in order to hitch their wagon to the Cult of Trump, just to try and stay in power as long as they can.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Complete hogwash.

There's tons of institutions from around the world you can trust with covid cases and death data. These are institutions that have scientists, doctors, etc that dedicate their careers and lives into epidemiology. They don't care about people's dumb beliefs or political stupidity. 

Vaccines take time. You can't just speed it up to this year by "working hard". That's not how medicine, research, and the phase studies go. The fact that he's looking to bypass efficacy and safety studies (the only way to get out a vaccine in record time) should worry you and everyone else.

I don’t like vaccines period and I will not take it.  In the beginning they were saying ones we got a vaccine it’ll all be over but now that a vaccine is close they don’t want it. You know even though trump is pushing hard on the vaccine it’s the same people that have always made vaccines. Plus even if it was proven a safe vaccine the media would still find something negative.  But it’s bin that way since he got in office. The fact that they tried so hard to take him out and are always negative tells me he’s doing something right. He’s not obeying them

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It would cause damage to a woman’s right to choose. 

It’s a complicated subject and a sensitive one. 
I don’t know to much about conceiving but can’t you like stop it within 24 hours of having intercourse?  What’s more important Life or choice?  If our parents had decided to abort you and me they would’ve taken our choice away no? Like I said it’s sensitive and not a yes and no subject :)

6 hours ago, spur1 said:

You actually call what the Republicans are spouting life....:sick:

Well let’s see. 
1Rule of Law and order. Without you have chaos. 
2They don’t like wars. 

3 they don’t like late term abortions 

4 they defend the constitution 2 amendment 

5 they are pro God Family Freedom 
6they had the best economy before COVID 

7 they put they’re country first. Trade deals etc

8 suffer endless attacks from the dems and they’re media yet still get work done. 
9 love border security where drugs are rampant  human trafficking 

10 Love they’re vets take care of them

the list goes on but seems to me if rather then looking at his personality or caught up what they media are saying and looking at the work he’s actually done everyone would support him.  I’d want a leader that fights for my country and not one that says the right things and looks good on camera. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hateleafs said:

I don’t like vaccines period and I will not take it.  In the beginning they were saying ones we got a vaccine it’ll all be over but now that a vaccine is close they don’t want it. You know even though trump is pushing hard on the vaccine it’s the same people that have always made vaccines. Plus even if it was proven a safe vaccine the media would still find something negative.  But it’s bin that way since he got in office. The fact that they tried so hard to take him out and are always negative tells me he’s doing something right. He’s not obeying them

That is a very odd interpretation of what is happening.  The fastest a vaccine has ever been developed is about 5 years.

A vaccine for HIV has been explored for 40 and gotten nowhere.

As of a couple of months ago the bigger trials were still in the recruiting phase.  It would be scientifically impossible to even collect the data to show safety and efficacy in the time period that Trump is pushing.  

At the end of the day safety for any medication including vaccines is established with numbers and time.  If you rush things you get neither. 

What is even worse than a vaccine coming out later is rushing one that is unsafe or ineffective.  

Your post reflects exactly the reason why, in the internet era anyone can post something clearly untrue about vaccines and people pick it up because you know they don't want their children to cry for a little while.  Vaccines are proven safe and have been shown again and again and again and again to be the most effective and safest health intervention in the history of the world.  You rush something out that actually caused problems for people it actually gives legitimacy to the homicidal antivax movement.

The antivax movement at this time is equivalent to saying I don't believe bullets kill people so I should be aloud to fire them freely in a crowded school.

Anyway, to the subject at hand, Trump and McConnell will try to ram this through before the election as they know that they are trying to pull so much scuzzy voter suppression garbage and that they will likely be trying to contest a lot of the mail in vote.  They need the court stacked for them before the election so that they can have the power to discount the will of the people for the more important will of the exalted leader.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, hateleafs said:

Well let’s see. 
1Rule of Law and order. Without you have chaos.

Yes one law for me and another for anyone else. 
2They don’t like wars. But they like starting them. 

3 they don’t like abortions. FIFY but have no problem performing hysterectomies on detainees. 
4 they defend the constitution 2 amendment but trample the rest of the constitution. 

5 they are pro God Family Freedom but only if it is their God, their white family and their freedom. 
6they had the best economy before COVID Thanks to Obama. 

7 they put they’re country first. Trade deals etc. Tariffs are not trade deals. 

8 suffer endless attacks from the dems and they’re media yet still get work done. When you are corrupt and incompetent you will get attacked by the media. 
9 love border security where drugs are rampant  human trafficking. Is there a drug shortage? The wall is a joke. 

10 Love they’re vets take care of them. Lovingly call them losers and fools. Also see #2 above. 

the list goes on but seems to me if rather then looking at his personality or caught up what they media are saying and looking at the work he’s actually done no one would support him.  I’d want a leader that fights for ruining my country and not one that says the right things and looks good on camera. 

There fixed it for you. 

Edited by spur1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, spur1 said:

There fixed it for you. 

Lol okay. Hey I respect your opinion that is A freedom we enjoy that even if we disagree we can still be friends.  I don’t agree with our liberal Government yet I respect them. That any people’s elected leader we respect even if we disagree. Don’t hate them

5 hours ago, hateleafs said:

I gathered as much but that's weird considering you're pro life. If you're pro life then you should be pro vaccines since, next to antibiotics, it's probably the medical discovery that has saved the most lives. 

In the beginning, the medical community was also saying the earliest a vaccine will arrive is summer to fall 2021 which I believe would still be the fastest vaccine ever developed, studied, and released. That's why Trump says one thing and then the CDC director, doctors, Dr. Fauci, etc say different. Because they know and he doesn't. 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I gathered as much but that's weird considering you're pro life. If you're pro life then you should be pro vaccines since, next to antibiotics, it's probably the medical discovery that has saved the most lives. 

In the beginning, the medical community was also saying the earliest a vaccine will arrive is summer to fall 2021 which I believe would still be the fastest vaccine ever developed, studied, and released. That's why Trump says one thing and then the CDC director, doctors, Dr. Fauci, etc say different. Because they know and he doesn't. 

Well they’re have been some statistics done with baby’s receiving vaccines: that after that they had seizures and a lot of other side effects and diseases. What doesn’t kill makes you stronger. I believe everyone will get or has had COVID already. Those that survive which are most Will have a stronger immune system. It’s unfortunate that it kills people with other health problems or weak immune system. Which of course the flu did year after year

59 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Lol okay. Hey I respect your opinion that is A freedom we enjoy that even if we disagree we can still be friends.  I don’t agree with our liberal Government yet I respect them. That any people’s elected leader we respect even if we disagree. Don’t hate them

Trump has nothing to warrant treating him with one iota of respect.

• Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Well they’re have been some statistics done with baby’s receiving vaccines: that after that they had seizures and a lot of other side effects and diseases. What doesn’t kill makes you stronger. I believe everyone will get or has had COVID already. Those that survive which are most Will have a stronger immune system. It’s unfortunate that it kills people with other health problems or weak immune system. Which of course the flu did year after year

Getting Covid won't make your immune system stronger plus it has longterm damaging effects in many patients regarding heart health. 

Vaccine 'side effects and diseases' is the very rare and infinitesimal occurences of negative effects used by the uninformed and uneducated to claim vaccines are bad without doing the proper research.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Upvote 2