The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Eichel

Drakrami

Just for fun, was reading may be it's time for Sabres to move Eichel. 

2021 1st + 2021 3rd

Boeser

Gaudette 

Roussel

Podkolzin

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Eichel Horvat

Motte Sutter Virtanen

Macewen Beagle Lind/Lockwood

We would have if not the best 2 punch centers in the league, young and coming too. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

2021 1st + 2021 3rd

Boeser

Gaudette 

Roussel

Podkolzin

Pearson Eichel Horvat

Motte Sutter Virtanen

We would have if not the best 2 punch centers in the league, young and coming too. 

Demko + rights to Tryamkin + Virtanen + Motte + Stecher + Gaudette + Hoglander + Horvat for Eichel.

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli

Pearson-Eichel-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-MacEwen

Leivo-Beagle-Bailey

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev 

Juolevi-Benn

Markstrom

Caitlyn Jenner

I probably wouldn’t do it but my guess is that package like the above is what would get it done.

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

How many 10,000,000$ contracts do we see on perennial contenders like TBay or BroonGoons?

Why do folks wanna create the Leafs 2.0?

It’s not the cap hit that matters but the cap hit percentage.  I haven’t done the numbers but Eichel’s 10 million dollar cap hit, relative to the cap, would actually be lower than what Malkin and Ovechkin’s cap hits were when those guys won cups. 

FYI - Seguin is at 9.8 million.

I agree that we shouldn’t be the Leafs and become a top heavy team that doesn’t have enough money to invest in depth (like the last 10 cup winners have), but keep in my mind that the Leafs paid Tavares 12 million which is a whole different kettle of fish.   

Just now, KirkSave said:

We are not moving out Bo. We already have a great 1-2 punch at center and Eichel is a head case. Literally, the worst doo in the show.

Jack Eichel Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I wouldn’t move Bo either and line I said, I probably wouldn’t do the above deal either.  All I’m saying is that the above is likely what the asking price would be.

2 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I wouldn’t move Bo either and line I said, I probably wouldn’t do the above deal either.  All I’m saying is that the above is likely what the asking price would be.

Agreed. It would take a lot to land a player like Eichel. Lots of speed, skill and a wicked shot. Too bad he has to rot in Buffalo. If they don't make the playoffs again, my money would be on him demanding a trade.

24 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

2021 1st + 2021 3rd

Boeser

Gaudette 

Roussel

Podkolzin

Pearson Eichel Horvat

Motte Sutter Virtanen

As much as I love Petey, no 2 punch centers in the league will even touch that McDavid and Draisaitl duo.

Just now, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

As much as I love Petey, no 2 punch centers in the league will even touch that McDavid and Draisaitl duo.

Eichel and Petey would be awfully effing close to McDavid and Drai.   On top of that, we’d have Hughes on the back end and Boeser and Toffoli up front.   

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Petey and Eichel would definitely be a top 3 duo, but the X factor is McDavid. He's on another stratosphere. 

True, but do the Oil have much outside of McDrai?

Petterson and Eichel wouldn’t be McDrai, but....

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli

xxx-Eichel-Boeser

xxx-xxx-xxx

xxx-xxx-xxx

Hughes-xxx

xxx-xxx

xxx-xxx

Markstrom

xxx

Would be one hell of a foundation.   

It’s an interesting pipe dream for sure, but I think I’d still say no.   One huge advantage the Canucks have right now is team chemistry and I wouldn’t risk tinkering with it.  I also love the fact that we have so many good young players coming up.   Pass.

Edited by DarkIndianRises

5 minutes ago, Bell said:

Eichel great player, EP40 he is not.

Eichel put up 12 more points in 1 fewer game playing with crap line mates. He put up 28 more points than his closest teammate. Pettersson wasn’t even 1st on the Canucks.  Don’t get me wrong. I think Pettersson is destined to be a superstar. But atm Eichel is the better player