The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expansion Draft a Blessing?

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

Of course this all comes down to how JB deals with our goaltending.  If that’s out of the picture as in he’s made a decision on who to keep and makes a trade with the other to get an asset back for his time developing both and doesn’t add too many players that creates a situation where we have to expose someone we really shouldn’t be then for sure we both could come out looking great and jump on the opportunity train.

A few things on this.  Seattle if smart will add as many fourth Ds as they can afford, and as many Theodore types as he can too (OJs lets just pretend - high upside Ds).    However if they treat us like they should - anyone in our division and especially Vancouver given the close proximity - shouldn’t be their first choice when it comes to trade partners.

Figure the best case is we shed some payroll and don’t end up giving them JM or Demko.    Well JM actually would be a good case I suppose as it would shed payroll, show that Demko is ready for prime time and start a bitter rivalry ha ha. 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Of course this all comes down to how JB deals with our goaltending.  If that’s out of the picture as in he’s made a decision on who to keep and makes a trade with the other to get an asset back for his time developing both and doesn’t add too many players that creates a situation where we have to expose someone we really shouldn’t be then for sure we both could come out looking great and jump on the opportunity train.

A few things on this.  Seattle if smart will add as many fourth Ds as they can afford, and as many Theodore types as he can too (OJs lets just pretend - high upside Ds).    However if they treat us like they should - anyone in our division and especially Vancouver given the close proximity - shouldn’t be their first choice when it comes to trade partners.

Figure the best case is we shed some payroll and don’t end up giving them JM or Demko.    Well JM actually would be a good case I suppose as it would shed payroll, show that Demko is ready for prime time and start a bitter rivalry ha ha. 

Markstrom will give them a chance to win many nights (as he did for us).  If he has to go, I rather it be outside our division (outside conference, even better).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 3

45 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Markstrom will give them a chance to win many nights (as he did for us).  If he has to go, I rather it be outside our division (outside conference, even better).

I'm hoping for a trade of his rights out East, a couple days before free agency. Carolina or similar would be great lol

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, canuktravella said:

seattle probably ends up picking roussel next yr would free up 3 mill  helps resogn hughes petey

Wishful thinking? They'd be more likely to take Motte, Virtanen, Gaudette or Stecher if still here. I'd even seriously consider Juolevi over Roussel.

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

Wishful thinking? They'd be more likely to take Motte, Virtanen, Gaudette or Stecher if still here. I'd even seriously consider Juolevi over Roussel.

but your not very smart  benning will leave old vets  free for seattle to pick   in all  reality juolevi is not on elc and played 1 game hes inelligible to be picked   if we are not protecting motte or virtanen  they will be traded before  we lose them for nothing and i doubt stecher will be back  hes  not worth 3 mill a yr  we also either resign markstrom and trade one goalie by next yr  so we dont lose assets 

• Wat 1