The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson was the Canucks’ least engaged and productive forward of the 2020 playoffs. He’s signed for another two seasons - @CambieKev

Rate this topic

TrickOfShapes

On 9/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, DarkIndianRises said:

We all know that Eriksson is a zero offensively these days.   

Ignoring his cap however, he is still an excellent defensive player and very rarely makes mistakes.

He’s obviously not worth his cap hit but he’s also a lot more useful than you think.   

Anyways, we’re unlikely to get rid of him this off season and so there’s no point complaining about the guy.

Either way, if we want to improve and win the cup, we shouldnt have an Eriksson in the lineup. Look at Dallas and Tampa roster, all their players can score goals. So we need our bottom 6 to score goals on a more consistent basis  especially the 3rd line. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, teepain said:

Roussel, Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter.

Gotta move 2 out of 4 . Add a 3rd if we have to

virtanen stetcher trade pieces?

IMO Roussel, Virtanen, Eriksson and Sutter should all be moved. Keep Beagle as a 4th C for his PK and faceoffs, keep motte for his PK, scoring ability and clutch performance in playoffs. Keep Gaudette unless he can be traded for a 2 way Center. Add in Hoglander, Podkolzin, lockwood and possibly Lind. 

Bottom 6:

Hoglander-gaudette/Trade-Podkolzin

Lockwood-Beagle-Motte

That would improve our bottom 6 scoring and help us with the cap problem. 

Out: Roussel, Leivo, Virtanen, Sutter  Ericksson 

LTIR: Ferland

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

IMO Roussel, Virtanen, Eriksson and Sutter should all be moved. Keep Beagle as a 4th C for his PK and faceoffs, keep motte for his PK, scoring ability and clutch performance in playoffs. Keep Gaudette unless he can be traded for a 2 way Center. Add in Hoglander, Podkolzin, lockwood and possibly Lind. 

Bottom 6:

Hoglander-gaudette/Trade-Podkolzin

Lockwood-Beagle-Motte

That would improve our bottom 6 scoring and help us with the cap problem. 

Out: Roussel, Leivo, Virtanen, Sutter  Ericksson 

LTIR: Ferland

That’s easy to say - much harder to actually do - especially if you expect Lind, Hogs and Podz still to be here after those cap dumps.    AG isn’t ready for the 3c spot - don’t see the value in retaining on Sutter with only one year left and nobody is taking him without someone else.   Even JV with his RFA deal isn’t super attractive given his cap hit anymore.   Not much of a “sweetener”.

22 minutes ago, WestCoastDave said:

Question. Could Eriksson be assigned to Utica next season and what kind of cap savings could we get?  Thanks. 

He could and we'd save about 1 mil. Not sure what happens if there is no AHL but I suppose some demotion system will be in place.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, TrickOfShapes said:

At his signing, I'd have never dreamed  in a million years that he'd end up like this... I know he was brought in for the twins but the only night he was truly memorable out there was the twins last night as if he were possessed and I still don't know why he couldn't play like that a LOT more often and actually help lead the team which I thought he would coming in but... I just never thought it possible and we'd get a bit more out of the sedins with him complimenting them like he did that night all along and help mentor Bo but thank God, JB got that through other players without LE which pissed me off bigtime since we ended up with an over priced pk'r and how bad that affects our team today... If we can't get rid of him then send him to the comets.. he can be an _ _ _ hole there.. maybe even even make him ride the pine.. gloves off... Tired of his b.s. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:09 AM, teepain said:

Roussel, Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter.

Gotta move 2 out of 4 . Add a 3rd if we have to

virtanen stetcher trade pieces?

I'd say yes on JV with Big Mac being signed.. and signed for a lot cheaper too... Yes please! 

We need every cap penny we can get..

• Cheers 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:28 AM, TrickOfShapes said:

Waste of space! He should be booed every time he touches the puck. He is just dogging it pure and simple, and has done so ever since he signed his contract. The idea his legs have gone is BS, except to the extent he won’t work to put himself in NHL shape. His presence with his absurd contract will cause us to lose some good players who work hard and are good Canucks. He is taking money under false pretences and should go ride the bus in Utica. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/27/2020 at 3:34 PM, WestCoastDave said:

Question. Could Eriksson be assigned to Utica next season and what kind of cap savings could we get?  Thanks. 

Would be pointless from a cap space point of view.  It frees up about a million in cap space BUT even if you replace him with a minimum wage guy on the Canucks......that eats up the million pretty much.

As awful as Eriksson is offensively, he is still competent defensively.  

39 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Would be pointless from a cap space point of view.  It frees up about a million in cap space BUT even if you replace him with a minimum wage guy on the Canucks......that eats up the million pretty much.

As awful as Eriksson is offensively, he is still competent defensively.  

Yeah but sending him to the minors might light a fire in him for once, doubtful but we need his spot even if we just get a better player and don't gain any cap, at least we can fill it with someone who actually wants to play and play like they mean it...

1 hour ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I hate to say it but somebody needs to go Tonya Harding on his ass!  Please for the love of god just retire.  

He must be embarrassed.  I can’t watch him play another season.  Worst contract in the league.

I think you should take away Sedin out of your name. 

It's blasphemy to talk so utterly disrespectful as you do about one of our players and wear their name. 

• Cheers 1