[Proposal] Van/Nyi

WCE

To Isles Ericksson, Sutter, rights to Stecher, Virtanen 

To Van Ladd, Ross & Rights to Pulock 

I know Ladd has not played much and might be done 

Ross adds size to our line-up at 6'5 and at 1mil for the next 2 years

Pulock I think would be better than Dumba 

• Haha 3

Pulock led their team in ice time and had 35pts in 68 games.  I don't see NYI using the guy they use as their D1 to dump a contract + they're getting a bad contract in return.  

Virtanen and Stecher have arbitration rights and given the flat cap might not draw all that much interest in a trade.  They save 500K more by burying Ladd than Eriksson.

It's Leddy that is believed to be on the trade block. 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

Islanders have no cap space ($8.9 million when both Barzal (#1 C) AND Pulock (#1 D) are RFA) and enough dead cap (Boychuk still has 2 years himself as a 3rd pair guy).  Unless Dobson or Mayfield are 100% ready to be #1 guys, I don't see why they would dump a workhorse like Pulock, just to shed Ladd when they take back more cap in Loui AND Sutter.  Sutter also does nothing for them when they have underrated center depth in Barzal - Nelson/ Lee - Pageau - Cizikas.  Stecher as a replacement for Pulock is hardly sufficient when you're talking about shifting a former 1st rounder RHD who almost reached 40 points, and not sure Jake brings much to a defensive system that already has two-way play from Bailey/ Clutterbuck and production from Eberle, Lee, Nelson and Beauvilier.  

You'd be lucky if Sweet Lou doesn't have Benning's number blocked after this proposal.

Edited by Phil_314