The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where to find good older movies

ABNuck

45 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

kodi media center is your friend. its free to download then install the exodus redux add on and you are good to go. anything you want all you have to do is type in the title in the search box. i'm using it to stream the new season of the boys this weekend, great series for those of you who havent seen it.

How is it for older movies?  

I used to have the older iteration, before it became Kodi (XBMC) but it's been a decade plus since I last looked at it haha 

Thanks everyone...such an amazing network of very intelligent people on here...not sure if you'd find that on any other team's boards. Canucks fans might be the most hated fans in the league (cause we're so hard on other teams and their fans) but we certainly do watch out for our own...we're kinda like the annoying pest / enforcers of the NHL...we like to diss other teams and sometimes even our own team or fans, but if someone from another team disses us or our team, well...here comes the BOOM! We'll attack like a pack of rabid wolverines!

But back to the point, I like the idea (THANKS D-MONEY) of just subscribing for a while to one (ie/ MGM on Prime), wear it out then move on. Since Rogers has stolen free access to hockey I try to make it my mission in life to never give them 1 penny of my business...it's hard because they own and control so much, but it's my personal little statement.

And to GHOSTSOF1915...swede, swede, swede...were you quoting "Heartbreak Ridge"...another awesome movie BTW?

And to those who mention a generational gap...I'm 56. When I mention "old movies" I'm pretty much talking about 1980-2005...any of the great movies from before 1980 I classify as "Classic"...one day "Airplane!" and "Space Balls" will be considered Classics by everyone too, just not yet. I like the classics like, as mentioned "12 Angry Men", but my taste is wide and varied, just like my music (I have everything on my IPOD from Jim Croce to 2Pac).

Again, thanks to all...y'all are an awesome posse!

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, rawkdrummer said:

VHS :bigblush:

I like!  It just brought me back to when I used to watch the Smashing Pumpkins and Bush VHS tapes on my VCR.  I no longer have the VCR and the Smashing Pumpkins VHS got stuck in there, so I could not watch movies anymore on it.