The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Boeser for Bertuzzi

22 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

Benning has stated many times Boeser is not on the trade block, and Loui's agent confirmed that there won't be any deals like this just to move Loui. 

That's not the point, the point is to have fun speculating and creating interesting trade scenarios. 

Also trading Boeser and Eriksson for Bertuzzi is nothing like trading Eriksson and a 1st round pick to shed him. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Moose Nuckle said:

What would Detroit have to add to get this done?

Tyler Bertuzzi would be the LW to fill up our top 6.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity to part with Eriksson.

Why would we move a young established top 6 forward for an older lesser established fringe top 6 forward? I don’t care what Detroit adds, this would be a pointless base deal. I don’t get the hate towards Boeser. If Boeser is getting moved, and that’s a big if, the starting point of the deal would have to be a top 4 dman, not an older and worse forward...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Why would we move a young established top 6 forward for an older lesser established fringe top 6 forward? I don’t care what Detroit adds, this would be a pointless base deal. I don’t get the hate towards Boeser. If Boeser is getting moved, and that’s a big if, the starting point of the deal would have to be a top 4 dman, not an older and worse forward...

If Boeser is getting  moved its for a # 2 D man similar salary..Only after Taffoli is signed and that Taffoli signing will happen before Oct 6th..

We have enough wingers its are depth area so that would be pointless...

I can see a team under slaty cap picking up Erickson? His salary is only 2.5 million  actual dollars -- Cap hit 6 million

So you take Otttawa will be blow cap by 7-10 million 

So 2.5 million cost and ( 3.5 million that is free money no cost..)

There will be lots of action with trades, UFA signings and RFA'S not being qualified...

Exciting 14 days coming..

1 hour ago, Moose Nuckle said:

What would Detroit have to add to get this done?

Tyler Bertuzzi would be the LW to fill up our top 6.

Perhaps this could be an opportunity to part with Eriksson.

Dislike.

If I'm moving Boeser, it's only for a young top pairing defensively responsible right shot defensemen that can fill the shoes of both Edler and Tanev one day.    

In such a trade, my expectation would be that we would be able to let Tanev walk in this off-season while letting Edler walk in the next (which would serve our ultimate aim of aiding towards having enough cap space to comfortably re-up both Pettersson and Hughes).   

Only way I move Boeser for Bertuzzi is if we build a time machine and trade for Todd Bertuzzi's 2002-2003 self.   

I'm not sure he's as much of a downgrade as you all seem to think.

He is way harder to play against than Boeser from physical standpoint and can put the puck in the net consistently on the worst team in the league. 

Do you really believe boeser pops 20 goals if he was on Detroit this year?

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

I'm not sure he's as much of a downgrade as you all seem to think.

He is way harder to play against than Boeser from physical standpoint and can put the puck in the net consistently on the worst team in the league. 

Do you really believe boeser pops 20 goals if he was on Detroit this year?

Yes. I think he does.

You seem try and devalue Boeser quite a lot. He's a player with an elite shot, good hockey IQ and good skating.

Not to mention be played on a bad team in his rookie season and still popped 29 goals (leader in points).

He has the talent and skills that make him the player that he is. He is a set top 6 player on any team you put him on. Bertuzzi on a cup winning team is a third line player.

I also find it funny how people give that knock on Boeser that he is "easier to play against" compared to the player that is proposed. 

Have you played against Bertuzzi yourself to know that?

They barely even have a size difference.

I don't care how "hard" one player is to play against. If, for example, a player like Tom Wilson comes at him at full speed for a hit, he will get popped and manhandled. 

There is a certain extent to where is quality is valuable... and not for the sake of pure goal scoring ability.

2 hours ago, Moose Nuckle said:

That's not the point, the point is to have fun speculating and creating interesting trade scenarios. 

Also trading Boeser and Eriksson for Bertuzzi is nothing like trading Eriksson and a 1st round pick to shed him. 

ah.

Well at best its a lateral move, so I guess if they took Loui and added a top 4 d prospect it might balance out. 

Bertuzzi.   Well if their was a nephew of Linden in the league with similar stats maybe I’d be excited about it.   The only guys that im a little sentimental about from that era are Jovo and Ohlund.   

BB is the REAL Neely 2.0 trade - not JV. We trade BB for Ekblad.   Otherwise go f!ck yourelfs folks.    Dumba?  No thx.   We already have one small PMD and that’s enough.   JB isn’t dumba enough to trade away one of his budding young stars for peanuts.  Rarely - extremely rarely - does a player peak his first season.   So rare that any BB trade seems completely counterintuitive unless it’s going to help our D.   Dumba doesn’t please stop those proposals.  Rather have Shattenkirk for a few years. Or AP.  For free, just  cap space.    So yeah the only thing that would work here is Bertuzzi (ugh wish he was Linden) and Seider.    Not going to happen.  

36 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We have Miller and Pearson on the LW already. This trade does nothing to improve this roster. Unless they for some dumb reason added Sieder. 

Yeah.   That would be dumb.   But that’s about what I’d be happy with.  Otherwise go take a walk.   There is virtually nothing interesting in Detroit ATM.    As in Bertuzzi and Sieder. 

Edited by IBatch

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yeah.   That would be dumb.   But that’s about what I’d be happy with.  Otherwise go take a walk.   There is virtually nothing interesting in Detroit ATM.    As in Bertuzzi and Sieder. 

I like a fair bit about Detroit, but not sure we'd make good trade partners. Since they also need defensive pieces, just like we do. Bertuzzi for Boeser is a downgrade for us, made worse by the fact we have LW options just as good as Bertuzzi. 

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I like a fair bit about Detroit, but not sure we'd make good trade partners. Since they also need defensive pieces, just like we do. Bertuzzi for Boeser is a downgrade for us, made worse by the fact we have LW options just as good as Bertuzzi. 

Detroit looks to be starting to fill their roster(space) trading for Marc Staal and a second for future considerations,  not a bad start.    Like JB he’s got little to work with - Larkin, Mantha and Bertuzzi, at least they are young and not Sedin, Sedin, Horvat - but given Larkins age it just shows how long they’ve already been working on this - and how much further they have to go yet.   A year younger then Horvat.    Larkin likely  won’t be part of the Detroit core that’s eventually competitive 

On 9/26/2020 at 12:32 PM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Yes. I think he does.

You seem try and devalue Boeser quite a lot. He's a player with an elite shot, good hockey IQ and good skating.

Not to mention be played on a bad team in his rookie season and still popped 29 goals (leader in points).

He has the talent and skills that make him the player that he is. He is a set top 6 player on any team you put him on. Bertuzzi on a cup winning team is a third line player.

I also find it funny how people give that knock on Boeser that he is "easier to play against" compared to the player that is proposed. 

Have you played against Bertuzzi yourself to know that?

They barely even have a size difference.

I don't care how "hard" one player is to play against. If, for example, a player like Tom Wilson comes at him at full speed for a hit, he will get popped and manhandled. 

There is a certain extent to where is quality is valuable... and not for the sake of pure goal scoring ability.

While it could be possible that Boeser might have scored 20 goals for Detroit this year, the forward depth, particularly at center would argue against such a feat.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

On 9/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, Moose Nuckle said:

Agreed. It’s actually much worse. Boeser is what most teams want thier 1st round picks to turn into.