The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Trade Value

Elias40

Like your guys opinions on trade values on canucks roster. 

Ferland-?

Eriksson-?

Beagle- 3rd round pick ?

Sutter- 3rd round pick?

Roussel- 4th round pick?

Benn- 5th round pick?

Baer-?

25.625 Million

Contracts:

Markstrom 6-6.5 Million

Toffoli- 4-5 Million

Tanev- 5-6 Million

Motte- 1.5- 2.5 Million

Virtanen- 1.5 -2.5 Million

Gaudette-1.3 Million

Stecher- 2 million

Approx 21.3 Million- 25.8 Million

Notable Free Agents

Bobby Ryan

Trevor Lewis 

Matt Martin 

Mikko Koivu

Wayne Simmonds

Derick Brassard 

Sutter's value is probably 0 with his contract. Beagle and Roussel are probably the same. Eriksson has massive negative value, obviously, as do both Baer and Ferland. Benn might be worth a 6th rounder or something, again due to his contract in the cap-flat world.

4 hours ago, Elias40 said:

Ferland-?

Eriksson-?

Beagle- 3rd round pick ?

Sutter- 3rd round pick?

Roussel- 4th round pick?

Benn- 5th round pick?

Baer-?

25.625 Million

Contracts:

Markstrom 6-6.5 Million

Toffoli- 4-5 Million

Tanev- 5-6 Million

Motte- 1.5- 2.5 Million

Gaudette-1.3 Million

Stecher- 2 million

Notable Free Agents

Bobby Ryan

Trevor Lewis 

Matt Martin 

Mikko Koivu

Wayne Simmonds

Derick Brassard 

Markstrom-- 5.4 million X 4 yrs with clause for expansion in 1st year..Would never go over 5.6-- I Can see Colorado or  Hurricanes paying 6 million

Taffoli - Yes Sign 4.8 X 4 yrs -- solid guy 30 goals -- 65 points playing with Petey..........................

Tanev--- Never give him over 4.2 million,  3.8 X 3 years --injury prone and turning 31 next season-- Would let him walk

Motte -- Sign 1.4 X 3 yrs

MacEwen -  1.2 X 2 years one way deal show me more

Gaudette - 1.4 X 2 yrs - show me more

Virtanen ?  He will demand 2.9 million X 2 years!!! Jared McCann just signed 2.9 million X 2 yrs same point totals? Not sure think they will trade Jake..

Stetcher - Will demand 2.5 X 3 yrs?/ Think they will trade Stetcher-- Rafferty or Juolevi will fill # 5 D man at 750,000

Leivo- I would sign if they trade Virtanen..... 1.7 X 2 yrs show me more...

Edited by wildcam
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, wildcam said:

Markstrom-- 5.4 million X 4 yrs with clause for expansion in 1st year..Would never go over 5.6-- I Can see Colorado or  Hurricanes paying 6 million

Taffoli - Yes Sign 4.8 X 4 yrs -- solid guy 30 goals -- 65 points playing with Petey..........................

Tanev--- Never give him over 4.2 million,  3.8 X 3 years --injury prone and turning 31 next season-- Would let him walk

Motte -- Sign 1.4 X 3 yrs

MacEwen -  1.2 X 2 years one way deal show me more

Gaudette - 1.4 X 2 yrs - show me more

Virtanen ?  He will demand 2.9 million X 2 years!!! Jared McCann just signed 2.9 million X 2 yrs same point totals? Not sure think they will trade Jake..

Stetcher - Will demand 2.5 X 3 yrs?/ Think they will trade Stetcher-- Rafferty or Juolevi will fill # 5 D man at 750,000

Leivo- I would sign if they trade Virtanen..... 1.7 X 2 yrs show me more...

This is pretty bang on.   Except Markstrom likely won’t get a deal here unless we can expose him and gives a 15 trade list the team finds reasonable.   JM will be leaving money on the table to stay that’s for sure.    Demko couldn’t have done what he did at a better time otherwise we’d be offering the farm for JM right now. 

TT before covid might have got over 5 ... maybe still could but like these numbers, seems about right. 

Flat cap for Tanev at most.   He’s valuable to us but given his injury history a risky signing - even at 4.2.   I’d sign him to 3.8 x 3.    Like to see him on the team at that price - and also think that’s pretty close to his 60ish game value.   Dobber has him at 3.2.   Ceci and Hamonic are decent “instead of”  targets , but really this is one area we might have to trade to get something.   Cernak in TB would be awesome - maybe TB won’t help us two years in a row though.  

Stetcher is a tougher one.    Really we need another big upgrade like Myers was to Gudbranson.    To bump guys down and one out.    He’s earned a 3 x 3 payday - Dobber has his UFA value at 3.1....other targets in the same range are Tanev, Ceci, Shattenkirk...   

CAL is rumoured to be interested in JM -  6 x 6 numbers have been floating around - would in some ways be worse then watching him go to Seattle.   

Also on OJ/Rafferty/Fanta.   Fanta should still be a bargain signing.   Either let him walk or sign Fanta and trade Benn (Fanta Dobber/by the stats UFA value is 850k).   OJ and Fanta battle for that spot - if we sign both Tanev and Stetcher then Rafferty is a depth injury replacement which would work ok.    Still need cap so if we sign the big three UFAs - in this case  Stetcher is not getting a contract from us for sure - and in this case sign Fanta and keep Benn.  Need guys to push each other and injury replacements. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Elias40 said:

Ferland-?

Eriksson-?

Beagle- 3rd round pick ?

Sutter- 3rd round pick?

Roussel- 4th round pick?

Benn- 5th round pick?

Baer-?

25.625 Million

Contracts:

Markstrom 6-6.5 Million

Toffoli- 4-5 Million

Tanev- 5-6 Million

Motte- 1.5- 2.5 Million

Gaudette-1.3 Million

Stecher- 2 million

Notable Free Agents

Bobby Ryan

Trevor Lewis 

Matt Martin 

Mikko Koivu

Wayne Simmonds

Derick Brassard 

I won’t speculate on trade values, but rather, suggest approximations as to what it would take for the Canucks to get these players off the books.

Ferland:  LTIR

Eriksson:  2021 1st, Podkolzin, or Demko as a sweetener.  Or 1-1 deal to the Devils for Corey Schneider?  (same cap hit and term left).  The addition of Schneider would allow us to give the reigns to Demko while walking from Markstrom, which would result in an overall cap savings.  The Devils might be interested in this because Eriksson is owed far less money in real dollars.

Beagle:  Trade with 50% retention in his final year.

Sutter:  Trade with 50% retention.  OR - trade Sutter to Minnesota for Devan Dubynk (similar cap and term).  Same logic as my Corey Schneider idea from above.

Roussel:  Trade with 50% retention in his final year.   A 2022 1st or Podkolzin as a sweetener would probably help the Canucks package both Beagle and Roussel together without any retention required.

Benn:  5-7th round pick without retention.

Baertschi:  Trade with 50% retention.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:17 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

Ferland:  LTIR

This is an insured contract with a cap hit, teams at the bottom such as Ottawa or Detroit would find value.

Eriksson:  2021 1st, Podkolzin, or Demko as a sweetener.  Or 1-1 deal to the Devils for Corey Schneider?  (same cap hit and term left).  The addition of Schneider would allow us to give the reigns to Demko while walking from Markstrom, which would result in an overall cap savings.  The Devils might be interested in this because Eriksson is owed far less money in real dollars.

Again Covid could favor the Canucks.

Many teams will now want a cap hit with a low salary, it actually makes Eriksson's contract worth something all on it's own.

Retain 1/2 salary and trade Eriksson's contract and hopefully he waives his NTC.

Beagle:  Trade with 50% retention in his final year

At the TDL maybe, his game has fallen off a cliff

Sutter:  Trade with 50% retention.  OR - trade Sutter to Minnesota for Devan Dubynk (similar cap and term).  Same logic as my Corey Schneider idea from above.

Again, at the TDL. With retention he will garner a higher return

Roussel:  Trade with 50% retention in his final year.   A 2022 1st or Podkolzin as a sweetener would probably help the Canucks package both Beagle and Roussel together without any retention required.

Keep him through net season, they need an agitator.

Benn:  5-7th round pick without retention

He is an experienced dman keep him he doesn't cost the team much.

Baertschi:  Trade with 50% retention

Sven Tried that last year, tried everything last year. Maybe a buyout or for a 7th rnd pick or exchange of some other team's similar player.

Don't trade away any of the team's future, so much was dumped on Gillis for bad drafting and now so many advocate not even having draft picks or moving 1rst round prospects.

As the season progresses, if the season progresses and team's get closer to a playoff type structure, hopefully fans can attend again and team's will want to make some playoff money so some of these deals will increase in value. The same thing as the  Seattle expansion nears.

• Cheers 1