Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grapefruits

Members
  • Posts

    9,444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Grapefruits

  1. Hoefully it will work for Roberts. He was my favorate wrestler when I was a kid.
  2. Meh, PG just doesnt work, it paints them into a very small demographic. I see what you are saying. but WWE just doesn't fit into what "PG" is.
  3. Creative had weeks to come up with a decent ending, and THATS what they come up with?
  4. Until WWE gives up the whole PG thing (ie, Linda stops trying in politics) the WWE product will continue to be weak.
  5. We scored 20 against Edmonton in the 4th quarter, it's not over yet!
  6. Lions are making a video titled "What not to do in a football game"
  7. Calgary better slow down or they're going to give that horse a heart attack
  8. They sure have crapped the bed on this one. I knows its really a mean nothing game, but I was really hoping for the D to get the record for the least amount of points allowed in a season. That, and... I HATE CALGARY!
  9. We're looking like a team that's 4-12. FFS
  10. Lions not looking good early. Oh geez.
    1. BananaMash

      BananaMash

      He doesnt look like he's planning to destroy the shoe.

      That dog though. ERMEGOD ADERABLE

    2. Grapefruits

      Grapefruits

      trust me, not only did he destroy the shoe, he destroyed my TV remote, headphones, couch cushion, vacuum cord. LOL!

  11. Buono looking at Arceneaux The notion that a CFL team can't have too many Canadians carries an equal amount of weight with the B.C. Lions along with the thought you also can't have too many receivers. That would be one way to rationalize why general manager Wally Buono called the agent for former wideout Emmanuel Arceneaux to discuss a possible return next season after he was cut off the practice roster of the NFL's Washington Redskins earlier this week. But it also is another window into the collective thinking of the Lions, who may have receiving veterans with established credentials on the roster like Geroy Simon and Arland Bruce but are also realizing they can't be effective forever. Buono spelled it out rather succinctly Wednesday, "The reality is after the season we're going to have to sit down and have some tough things to discuss. So (Arceneaux) doesn't come on the horizon. We still have to have the tough discussion, and that's across our team." Arceneaux spent two seasons with the Lions and had 1,114 receiving yards in 2010 before leaving for the NFL. For the most part, he has been watching games on the sidelines. He played three games at the end of last year and caught one pass for the Minnesota Vikings before being released and heading to Washington. Buono was told by agent Bardhia Ghahremani his client will continue to look in the NFL. As a CFL free agent, Arceneaux would be able to field offers from teams north of the border, too. "He has no interest in coming to the CFL," Buono said. Simon, 37, who returns to the line-up for the Lions game against the Calgary Stampeders with lineman Khalif Mitchell after a three-game absence due to a second hamstring injury, needs 343 yards from the final two games to maintain a string of nine straight years with 1,000 yards. Bruce, 34, hasn't played since Sept. 29 and also has had trouble cracking a lineup in which Courtney Taylor has emerged in his absence. Simon gets his roster spot back at the expense of Nick Moore, and receiver Kierrie Johnson was cut late Wednesday. Though fellow rookie D.J. Woods worked at his spot with the first unit during the practice week, Ernest Jackson will play in Calgary.
  12. Yep. I still only watch about the same as when it was 2 hours. Frankly I'm sick of having to FF through an extra hour to see the few minutes that are decent.
  13. I remember reading that they had their first child. Another reason to hang it up and walk away. He must have more than enough money to retire, and I;m sure WWE would throw him a big legends deal. I get the impression though that he is one of the ones that can't walk away until they are crippled. His last match was epic with HHH, I'd hate to see his image tarnished as an over the hill wrestler that doesn't know when to quit. (See Flair, who is rumored to be at RAW on Monday)
  14. As it should be, good to see the CFL step up and make the right ruling.
  15. Time for Taker to just retire while he still has some sort of mobility. ------------------------------------------------- New Report on The Undertaker's Health and Status, Will He Skip WrestleMania Next Year? By Marc Middleton Oct 24, 2012 - 4:53:09 AM - New details are coming out about The Undertaker's status for WrestleMania 29 and it's said that The Deadman is not in good shape at all. One thing that wasn't reported after his WrestleMania match with Triple H this year is that the hip replacement he had a few years back was damaged pretty bad. There is talk that some of the surgical work he has had done over the past few years is really beat up to the point that he's back to square one. Taker had been going to see specialists in New York but he is so beat up now that WWE has been flying the doctors to his home in Texas instead. There is also a lot of talk within WWE that if he does end up doing anything at WrestleMania 29, it likely won't be a big time physical match like we are used to. As we have noted, there is talk of having Taker work the Royal Rumble as a surprise entrant with the idea he can do a few memorable spots before being eliminated. Right now The Undertaker is not being figured into any major WrestleMania plans internally. The feeling is if he wants to do it and feels like he can do it, WWE will make room for him. It wouldn't be the first time but it's possible could see The Undertaker skip a WrestleMania in 2013. Some people within WWE are under the impression that the "end of an era" hype from this year's WrestleMania against Triple H really was the end as far as big time WrestleMania matches for The Undertaker go.
  16. Yet another poor showing for RAW and further proof that it needs to go back to 2 hours. ------------------------------------------------------- - Monday's Raw broadcast drew a 2.48 cable rating, the program's worst rating for a non-holiday episode since October 27, 1997 (which drew a 2.3). This is below the rating for the Oct. 1, 2012 show, which garnered a 2.54 in comparison. As reported earlier, the three-hour program averaged 3.55 million viewers, beating a year-low of 3.50 million viewers on Oct. 1. Raw drew 3.58 million viewers in the first hour, 3.65 million in the second hour, and 3.43 million in third and final hour. Viewership for the third hour was a year-low, below 3.47 million viewers on Oct. 1. It was the tenth consecutive week where third hour viewership was below viewership in the second hour.
  17. Thanks, was at the game so I didn't hear anything about it. Guess I will now that I am going to watch it off PVR though, lol.
  18. Can this be confirmed? Since he didn't play in the game I'm pretty sure he hasn't lost the streak. I've been digging for information on the net and I kind find anywhere that says the streak is over.
×
×
  • Create New...