Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by PlayStation

  1. Doing weight training 6 days a week right now + hike on sunday. Down from 188lbs to 174lbs, losing a lot of fat in a month and a half. Looking to cut further down to 160-165 where I will then start bulking when I'm toned.

    Bought a new protein. PVL Iso-Gold Chocolate. Hands down the greatest tasting protein and great protein ratio per scoop. 27g of protein on a 31g scoop. Popeye clerk explained to me why ON Gold Standard was bad, definitely will be sticking away from that stuff now.

    Care to explain?

  2. i use dymatize 100% whey from bodybuilding.com or ON 100% if its on sale.

    ON 100% is great, tastes good. It's on sale right now (constantly is) and on top of that, try to find a 10% off coupon code online so you can save the shipping or tax.

  3. 100% was expecting Sting to win, Triple H winning makes no sense.

    I guess it makes sense, given all Sting has done to the lead up to this match, if HHH lost, where would he go? Stay as COO despite losing to Sting?

    Sting doesn't know if he'll be back, so this is fine for him, and if he does return to wrestle The Undertaker, its all good. But HHH will continue to be on every RAW to come in the foreseeable future.

  4. Picking up my PS4 either end of the week or midway through next week, depending when my Futureshop Gift Certificate is delivered. Thanks AMEX points!

    Aside from Shadow of Mordor, not sure what else to get. Was thinking of getting Watch Dogs, just because it's on sale everywhere. Passing on Dragon Age, just because I don't have time for it. I love Skyrim, but I still haven't finished that yet. In short, no more marathon games.

    Getting Mordor for sure, but any other suggestions? Not getting NHL 15, Last of Us (have it on PS3) or GTAV (have on PS3).

    I believe Future Shop has some sort of deal where you get the PS4 + code for TLOU + One of Destiny, Far Cry, NBA 2K15 and LBP. Make sure to check if that is still active.

  5. Man, this armor with Light that I found has 70 less Defense than the armor I was wearing. Ridiculous.

    If the armour you had before didn't have any light on it, don't worry, the light makes your attack + defense against AI stronger I believe.

    And in PVP it doesn't matter at all, well not until Iron Banner is released.

  6. When I doubt, simplify. I know we've discussed your routine in the past and I always thought the number of exercises was too much. It's easy to start dreading the gym when you've got 7 exercises to do every session.

    Personally, I think you should pare your lifts down to squats, benches, deadlifts, presses, 2-3 back exercises, and some arm isolation work with your main focus on getting strong on the four compound lifts I listed.

    Training for aesthetics without having a plan for progression on your lifts is a fools errand. You cannot build muscle without progressive overload, and the exercises with the greatest muscle building potential are lifts that (1) involve a lot of muscles working in coordination, (2) have a fairly long range of motion, (3) you can use a lot of weight on, and (4) allow for nearly infinite progression.

    Given the above qualifiers for exercises with the best potential for building muscle, you have squats, benches, deadlifts, presses, and rows with a barbell as your best muscle builders. Second comes the above movements (sans deadlifts) with dumbbells. Dumbells fall behind barbells on muscle building potential because the progression is not easy. And far behind the barbell and DB movements in terms of effectiveness is everything else.

    If I were you, this is how I would program my gym sessions:

    Note: only work sets shown for total volume. Start all warm ups with the EMPTY BAR and add weight in roughly equal jumps until you hit your work set weight for the day.

    The warmup for the squat would look something like this:

    BAR x5x2

    135 x5




    315x5x3 (work sets)


    Squat 3x5

    Bench 3x5

    Lat Pulldowns 4x10-12

    Curls 4x10


    Deadlift 2x5

    Press 3x5

    BB Rows 3x5

    Lying Triceps extensions 4x10

    I would lift 3-4 times per week with the following of two potential schedules:



    (day off)



    (weekend off)



    day off


    day off

    A (then do BAB schedule the next week)

    The plan for progression would be to add 5-10lbs per session to all of the exercises listed with 3x5 as the prescribed volume.

    Woah, damn +1, thanks for the reply.

    Yeah I've cut back on my exercises the past few months already. I am not able to do all those exercises as my bad shoulder sometime prevents me from doing so, but I'll take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks again.

  7. After two or so years of non stop gym. Well maybe 3-5 times a week for those two years. I've sort of hit a wall for the past 2 months and have hardly gone due to lack of motivation to go to the gym, and to carry out with my workout. Only gone a dozen times during that time.

    Not sure how to get back into it.

  8. I'm thinking of picking it up, but I was wondering: Can I play the story mode by myself, or is it always co-op online?

    Yeah you can play story alone, you will run into other people online but they'll be on and about doing their own missions and wont affect your gameplay other than if you are running across the map to get to where you need to go, you may be fighting the same group of bots.

    Strikes (harder boss missions) require 3 people, cannot do it alone even if they allowed you to.

  9. Hit level 20 and finished the story.

    i'm not big on PVP but more on multiplayer Co-op, so my play options have gotten limited.

    PVP includes Co-op teams of 3 or 6;)

    There is a raid out today, hard as hell as posted above^ and will continue to be things like that. Try PVP it's a lot of fun if you play with friends.

    From what i've heard it's probably best to save up your money on halo 5. (If you're looking for something similar)

    Halo 5 may release in a year from now. Destinys 7.5/10 if you play alone. 9/10 easily if you play with friends.

  10. For people incessantly posting " tank for McDavid" please pay attention to the rules that have been in place for several years. If you finish dead last in the league you get a 25% chance of drafting number 1 over all. That means you have a 75% chance of drafting 2nd and not getting McDavid next year. If you "tank for McDavid" and finish 2nd or 3rd from the bottom you have even less than a 25% chance of getting him.

    The tank for McDavid people are morons.

    Theres quite a few possible franchise players in next years draft as far as what I've heard and read. Drafting top 5 even would be a grand slam next year. Said to be one of the best draft classes recently.

  11. Could pull something like others have done, like Jagr.

    Sign somewhere that wont contend, then at the deadline be open to being moved to a contender so he can both collect his big paycheck he wouldnt be able to get at the begining of the season at a contender like Chicago, Boston, Pittsbugh, and then be able to fit under the cap nicely at the deadline as theres injuries and such, plus he'll already have a large portion of his salary paid off.

    Canucks then revieve draft picks or prospects in return. Not a bad idea for the Canucks either, but I'd rather tank to be honest if we arent going to be a good team. Sedins and defense are getting older, so a good pick in next years loaded draft would do wonders.

  12. Been getting a lot of joint pain in the knees/elbows when going heavy on lifts. Any recommendations other than fish oil/ glucosamine? Also started using a roller before and after workouts.

    On a side note, the upper peck is really starting to come in :) a lot faster than expected. Motivation to keep going at it harder

    Whats been successful for you in bringing out your upper chest? I changed things up about a couple months ago and have finally started to see some real progress in my upper chest, still not filled out but compared to the 1.5 years before that, its been a huge change.

    I finally found out how to hit my upper chest and actually feel it, through people on here, youtube, other online sites etc. normal exercises just didn't cut it for me. Different pec insertion? Or whatever I read.

    Anyways for incline bench, I don't go for my max weight, I go somewhere where I use my shoulders minimally and lift with my chest mainly. And I really bring the dumbbells down and a bit forward to where your nips are haha (really got to find the angle and such that works for you by playing around with it). Also for many exercises such as standing shoulder press, front dumbbell raises, dips, bringing your chin down to your chest and really squeezing down has helped a ton, at least in my mind it helps a ton as I can finally feel it by doing that.

    This is all based on my problem that I wouldn't feel it, not sure what the case is for you, but thought I'd throw it out there incase it was.

  • Create New...