The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Not sold on that sorry - Bellator is a step below UFC and look who Chandler has lost to over there.

Oh for sure but dude is legit. I've never thought he would/could be at the top of the UFC LW division but he's a threat to most. 

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Oh for sure but dude is legit. I've never thought he would/could be at the top of the UFC LW division but he's a threat to most. 

You have a point - he walked right thru Hooker who is not slouch so have to give him that :)

Just now, Down by the River said:

McGregor was really inaccurate with his striking in the second round. He wasn't just missing, he was missing badly. He seems to be trying to do both boxing and MMA simultaneously and I wonder if it has put him a state of purgatory... sharp in neither boxing nor MMA striking. 

I think the kick from Dustin played a huge part in that - kid has vicious kicks - man!!!! My legs hurt just hearing him connect lol

• Cheers 1

On 1/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, Canuckster86 said:

don't know the exact odds but apparently "The Diamond" is a big underdog tomorrow...I never bet on a sports at all, but its kind of tempting to drop a $20 bill on him winning, I think unless Conor gets a 1st or 2nd round KO the longer the bought goes the better Dustin has a chance at winning.

Thanks for the advice. I threw the 20 on it! 

9 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Again those kick from Dustin made him desperate I think

Conor needed to check those immediately once they started coming and when he didn't and just kept his leg way out in the open I could see the inevitable. Conor did look poised when taken down and didn't seem to burn any unnecessary energy, so I take that as a good sign of improvement in his game. Until he completely commits to just MMA training the UFC has too many great fighters that will just be better than him. Boxing and the allure of massive $$$ seems to take Conor's attention away from just training and improving in MMA.

2 good fights to end the event, thought Hooker would make it harder on Chandler but have to give him credit for clipping him good and earning a quick victory. Chandler vs Khabib might be the best threat, has the power and wrestling resume to on paper at least look like someone who might tempt Khabib to come back if GSP doesn't. 

Can't see Khabib coming back to fight someone he has already defeated, so that leaves Oliviera ( I think), Chandler and Ferguson in top 5 currently?

Poirier didn't sound the least bit interested in a fight against Chandler...but if it was offered for the title you have to think he takes it when presented to him.

I would like to see Gaetje vs McGregor but maybe Gaetje wants to get back in the cage sooner and takes on Olivera? Conor could fight Ferguson also, sounded like he has trilogy bouts on his mind vs Diaz and one day with Poirier. Poirier is smart and knows that a rematch with Conor likely brings him more $ but not a title shot.