The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

He doesn't have a point.

Everything pretty much went down how it was supposed to. The only one I wanted different was for Amir Sadollah to win. Man, I feel bad for Ken-Flo though, hope he gets a rematch soon. Diego "the Nightmare" Sanchez is next for BJ. Go Sanchez!

If you weren't too busy being an idiot you might have seen the point I was trying to make.

Then again when two imbeciles try to expand on each others posts...then It's not surprising both of you become clueless.

Edited by VaNuCkZ

Totally agree, the ref blew it with a premature stoppage, if he were positioned properly he would have noticed that none of shots were connecting

There will probably be a re-match some time later on.

yea they are training partners but dana says he will make the fight happen if silva starts to tear through the 205 division

He has a fight against Dan Henderson, but I'm thinking after that, he should fight the winner of the Rampage/Rashad Evans fight, getting a title shot if he wins.

Anybody watching the strikeforce pay per view sans Fedor? There are some good fights on the card but i'm not sure i'm willing to pay $50 for an event with the headliner being Gina Carano vs Cyborg, other notables include:

Babalu Sobral vs Gregard Moussasi

Gil Melendez vs Mitsuhiro Ishida

Jay Hieron vs Jesse Taylor

Dana White is showing fights from ufc 100 on spike tv to take the steam out of strikeforce. White employed a similar strategy by offering a free pay per view that coincided with Affliction's first event.

The smaller weight classes of WEC offer some good entertainment and the events being broadcast in HD for free, can't beat that

The lighter weight classes are traditionally where most of the best fighters come from {since they don't lose much athletic talent to other sports} and should be a regular part of the UFC IMO.

I think it's ridiculous that Strikeforce is trying to charge $50 for a ppv. I'd really like to watch that card, but can hardly stand to pay that price for a ufc ppv, let alone strikeforce.

If it's not free, make it waaaay cheaper than a ufc is. I'm guessing the ppv revenue for this card will be terrible...

Wow. What a crazy ending in the fight between Gina Carano and Cris ‘Cyborg’ Santos in Strikeforce.

Santos won by referee stoppage with about a second left in the first round.

Don't know if I actually wanna see this or not.... :(

Had a feeling she was gonna get pummelled. Cyborg is freaky looking.

Don't know if I actually wanna see this or not.... :(

Had a feeling she was gonna get pummelled. Cyborg is freaky looking.

It was the equivalent of watching Silva vs. Griffin. (except for that Carano was more involved in the fight)

Scott Coker can’t be happy that his prized women’s fighter lost.