The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

It pisses me off when people first say they want knockouts and when they get knockouts they say "oh what a boring fight, it wouldve been better if it went the distance".

I love knockouts. I love great wars. I love technical fights. I don't love seeing a guy pressed into the wall of the cage for 5 minutes. I don't love to see weak Knockouts where you even question if the guy should be knocked out or not. Each fight is measured on it's own merits. Sometimes a knockout can be totally boring and sometimes it can be the most exciting thing you ever seen.

Brock Lesnar isn't making or breaking the UFC, and in my opinion, he isn't even the biggest star in the company.

There's no bigger star in the UFC or MMA than brock lesnar right now. He owns MMA! There's a reason why brock got like 400K for the fight and a veteran like Mir got 45K. It's cause the people want to see brock!

Edited by Luongo = Cup

There's no bigger star in the UFC or MMA than brock lesnar right now. He owns MMA! There's a reason why brock got like 400K for the fight and a veteran like Mir got 45K. It's cause the people want to see brock!

Thats cause Mir is on an old contract which stretches back to when he was just coming of the accident and not performing, while Brock's contract is from post Couture.

And GSP made that much too.

So why did the UFC offer Fedor 5 million a fight for 6 fights? Guess they think he's 12.5 times the draw that Brock Lesnar is.

Nog vs Couture, FANTASTIC fight. Proved that Nog was really sick during the Mir fight. Imo the Nog that fought Couture would destroy Mir. Great heart by Couture again, he was done like 6 times in that fight.

Marquardt vs Maia... Maia needs to get better in standup if he is serious about competing for the belt. Can you imagine this guy fighting A. Silva... he would get killed.

Brandon Vera... oh god... please go away. You have no balls, no power, and a cocky attitude. Your fights are terrible, I really hate this fool.

So why did the UFC offer Fedor 5 million a fight for 6 fights? Guess they think he's 12.5 times the draw that Brock Lesnar is.

Because a fedor/brock fight would be the most anticipated and watched fight in ufc history. The pay per view numbers would be through the roof. However, fedor is a coward and will continue fighting chumps to inflate his phony record some more. Brock would wipe the floor with fedor.

Because a fedor/brock fight would be the most anticipated and watched fight in ufc history. The pay per view numbers would be through the roof. However, fedor is a coward and will continue fighting chumps to inflate his phony record some more. Brock would wipe the floor with fedor.

1.5 out of 10

I love knockouts. I love great wars. I love technical fights. I don't love seeing a guy pressed into the wall of the cage for 5 minutes. I don't love to see weak Knockouts where you even question if the guy should be knocked out or not. Each fight is measured on it's own merits. Sometimes a knockout can be totally boring and sometimes it can be the most exciting thing you ever seen.

Totally agree with you.

GSP, Spider, Lidell and Couture are bigger stars than Lesnar.

Brock would get his donkey handed to him by Fedor.

According to your own ignorant logic, why would Fedor want to fight Lesnar then? Lesnar is a chump.

Him and his giant penis chest wouldn't last a round with Fedor.

Keep dreaming sunshine.

According to your own ignorant logic, why would Fedor want to fight Lesnar then? Lesnar is a chump.

Him and his giant penis chest wouldn't last a round with Fedor.

Keep dreaming sunshine.

Lesnar is for from a chump. He's the greatest mma fighter in history, which is why fedor fears him and is hanging out in lowly strikeforce.