The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

So Barnett beat Brett Rogers and Overeem beat Werdum.

Overeem/Werdum was so dumb...it was a decision but most of fight Werdum was on his back trying to lure Overeem into his guard and smiling about it.

Barnett won via arm triangle, lol his speech after he won was like WWF or something.

So Barnett beat Brett Rogers and Overeem beat Werdum.

Overeem/Werdum was so dumb...it was a decision but most of fight Werdum was on his back trying to lure Overeem into his guard and smiling about it.

Barnett won via arm triangle, lol his speech after he won was like WWF or something.

That main event was pathetic. Ya, I get Werdum was trying to get it to the ground, but at one point he laid on the ground and basically asked him "Pleeeeez" to join him down there. Not to mention that Overeem looked like crap too. Man these SF HW's are brutal.

And yah, Barnett's post fight "promo" was pretty damn funny!

That main event was pathetic. Ya, I get Werdum was trying to get it to the ground, but at one point he laid on the ground and basically asked him "Pleeeeez" to join him down there. Not to mention that Overeem looked like crap too. Man these SF HW's are brutal.

Ya Werdum was putting his hands together begging for Overeem to come into his guard, lol.

Overeem didn't look that bad, but he didn't look great either. He was man handling Werdum.

I can't wait for UFC 134.

Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami

Shogun vs Forrest Griffin

Brendan Shaub vs Minotauro Nogueira

I've been a huge fan of Shaub since he was on TUF, and I thought Big Country really lucked out by knocking him out. Shaub's been quickly climbing up the rankings with KO's.

Nate "The Not so Great" Marquardt - Kicked out of the UFC just one day before his fight at Welterweight.

t's been a crazy day as just prior to the UFC on Versus 4 weigh-ins we found out that Nate Marquardt had not been medically cleared to fight in the main event against Rick Story. Now, UFC president Dana White posted a video on TOUT stating that Marquardt would not only be off the card, but would no longer fight for the UFC.We need to know more information here. There has been speculation that Marquardt must have failed some sort of pre-fight drug test as well as some talk that he may have been as high in weight as 181 pounds. In the event that he was actually 181, it's possible that the medical staff stepped in and did not allow him to continue cutting weight if he was already too drained. He also has failed a drug test in the past, testing positive for Nandrolone after his bout with Ivan Salaverry at the first Spike TV Fight Night event.

Regardless, we will all be anxiously awaiting more information as this is obviously a very rough move by the UFC to cut a guy they had in a main event, so it's not likely that it wasn't a direct result of something done by Marquardt.

Strikeforce heavyweights are a hell of alot better then the UFC heavies

Cain and Dos Santos are the only 2 good ones. And no way Dos Santos would beat Reem. That was a sloppy fight but you had one of the best heavyweight strikers in the world facing off against one of the best heavyweight grapplers in the world. Each were trying to fight where they felt where they had the best chance to win, but it was not a fun fight to watch.

Strikeforce heavyweights are a hell of alot better then the UFC heavies

Cain and Dos Santos are the only 2 good ones. And no way Dos Santos would beat Reem. That was a sloppy fight but you had one of the best heavyweight strikers in the world facing off against one of the best heavyweight grapplers in the world. Each were trying to fight where they felt where they had the best chance to win, but it was not a fun fight to watch.

I totally disagree with ya one that one. I think Junior destroys him. Not to mention the fact that Werdum actually outstruck Reem, what the hell would he do against someone with that type of boxing skill, quickness, and power?

And it's not as if Reem's seven fight win streak is filled with big names..... Werdum (okay one), Duffee, Rogers, Fujita, Thompson, Sylvester,a nd Gary friggin Goodridge? His last "big name" fights were in the Pride days against the likes of Shogun, Lil Nog, and Arona, all who whooped his as$.