The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I was pretty excited for Overeem also. Plus I was very interested in Velasquez/Mir.

I don't really know what to think when it's Big Foot/Velasquez.

When I thought of it being Silva/Nelson all I could think was that Silva would destroy him. He took care of Emelianenko pretty easily too.

Cormier used his striking speed and accuracy to knock out Silva. I see Valasquez using the same approach and he'll knock out Silva too.

I would have loved to have watched a fat guy and a giant fight though, would've been really interesting.

Cormier used his striking speed and accuracy to knock out Silva. I see Valasquez using the same approach and he'll knock out Silva too.

I would have loved to have watched a fat guy and a giant fight though, would've been really interesting.

That's what interested me the most. Short fat guy vs tall giant.

A little similar to Nelson/Struve, but Silva is bigger. Struve is a tall lanky man and Silva is not.

When you look at the main card there is lots to be excited about...but even on the under card I'm excited.

I'm very excited to see Diego Brandao after his TUF win. He is a destroyer.

Same as Mayhem Miller vs Dollaway.

Hardy/Ludwig should be mentioned aswell.

Edited by trav_have

That's what interested me the most. Short fat guy vs tall giant.

A little similar to Nelson/Struve, but Silva is bigger. Struve is a tall lanky man and Silva is not.

When you look at the main card there is lots to be excited about...but even on the under card I'm excited.

I'm very excited to see Diego Brandao after his TUF win. He is a destroyer.

Same as Mayhem Miller vs Dollaway.

Hardy/Ludwig should be mentioned aswell.

Wow that under-card looks better than some main cards. Brandao is a Brazilian beast, and I think Hardy/Dollaway(upset?) pull off the wins.

Cain Valasquez is back and in dominating fashion. That was an absolute blood bath, Silva thanks for the blood donation.

Roy Nelson with the same shot that took out Shaub.

The Undercard was sick though, Varner and The Outlaw with massive victories.

Damn what an event. The guys I wanted to win, won.

Lol playboi you hoped Dollaway and Hardy pulled off wins, and they did just that.

I wanted Nelson to get a win, the guy got man handled by JDS and ....who doesn't like a guy like that to win? He is no poster boy.

WOW to Velasquez. I felt so much joy in that win. I've watched so many documentaries and videos on him, he's my favourite. For him to destroy Silva after losing the belt to JDS....that was amazing. Velasquez/JDS 2 should be soon. I would think JDS probably will defend it against somebody else first though.

JDS has got some true punching skills. I thought Mir had more of a chance.

Struve, what a surprise. All I really think about when I hear of Struve is him getting knocked out by Browne and Nelson. The guy deserved that quick finish.

Brandao, I wanted him to get that win but he simply wasn't that great. He got way too tired.

During TUF I wanted Dennis Bermudez to win the show, and he was very close but Brandao pulled it off. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan but the kid's got skills and he does it all for his family.

Edited by trav_have

• 1 month later...

Anderson Silva just became one of my favourite fighters in the UFC. I never really liked him before because he seemed so arrogant and he was a showboat in the Octagon.

But just watching him on prime time and UFC countdown, you got to see his personality more than ever before.

He's pure awesome. He's going to break the donkeys face.

• Upvote 1

Anderson Silva just became one of my favourite fighters in the UFC. I never really liked him before because he seemed so arrogant and he was a showboat in the Octagon.

But just watching him on prime time and UFC countdown, you got to see his personality more than ever before.

He's pure awesome. He's going to break the donkeys face.

We have verrrry similar tastes in MMA. My top 3: GSP, Cain, Anderson.

Anywho, gonna be a great night. Pretty stoked for Forrest/Tito, but even more stoked for Cung/Cote. That's gonna be a sick FOTn candidate. Also, would be very nice to see Menjivar get his fourth straight victory.

• Upvote 1

That was a terrible stoppage, way too late. It reminded me of the Rashad Evan's/Forrest Griffin fight.

Munoz was clearly finished and the ref let an additional 6-8 hammers crack his head open.

Weidman vs Silva is next, then Lombard.

Silva is also scared to fight Jones. Jones doesn't have to move down (and probably can't because of his natural size) while Silva can move up as he has in the past but won't.

I hate when fighters do this Jones vs Silva won't happen.

Mayweather vs Pacquaio won't happen.

GSP vs Silva won't happen.

Why can't these fighters just suck it up and fight each other, to find out who is truly better!

I hate when fighters do this Jones vs Silva won't happen.

Mayweather vs Pacquaio won't happen.

GSP vs Silva won't happen.

Why can't these fighters just suck it up and fight each other, to find out who is truly better!

I am content with the way it is in the UFC. Its not fair for Silva because Jon Jones has such a great reach and size advantage. Likewise, Silva would have the size advantage over GSP. Jones' body size is perfectly suited for Light Heavyweight just like Silva's is perfectly suited for Middleweight and GSP for Welterweight. It won't really prove who is better fighter overall, it just proves who is better at that particular weight class.

Pacquiao vs Mayweather is more about Mayweather being an arrogant prick who wants a larger share of the money.

• Upvote 1