The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Just now, CaptainCanuck001 said:

In or out of the cage entertainment? Cause Anderson and Fedor were just as dominant in the ring and entertaining.

A combination of both. You can be as good in the octagon as you wan't but you need to be able to sell a fight, and he's done it better than anyone. If you ask a casual who hasn't watched a second of the UFC, Conor is probably the one name you'll hear, especially in this generation.

That was an unbelievable fight. McGregor killed the hell out of Alvarez. 1st round was all McGregor as he knocked him down few times easy. Made him look silly. Then when it got to the 2nd round, McGregor just took control of the fight and took matters into his own hands.Couple combinations of left-right hooks to Alvarez' head and that sent him good bye. The Irish is truly one of best UFC fighters of all time. 

Edited by Beary Sweet

2 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

A combination of both. You can be as good in the octagon as you wan't but you need to be able to sell a fight, and he's done it better than anyone. If you ask a casual who hasn't watched a second of the UFC, Conor is probably the one name you'll hear, especially in this generation.

That's fair enough, but IMO what someone does in the cage to me is more important than what you can do on the mic. I'm a huge Conor fan, but he needs to start defending his titles.

2 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

That's fair enough, but IMO what someone does in the cage to me is more important than what you can do on the mic. I'm a huge Conor fan, but he needs to start defending his titles.

Sure but is tonight not an example of what he can do in the cage as well? Aside from the first minute, it was a spectacle.  

You listed  GSP before, and I'm a big fan, but even though technically he was close to untouchable, watching him in those wins left something to be desired. Not exactly the case here.