The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

On 3/1/2020 at 1:08 PM, Down by the River said:

I'd feel way worse for Cutaleba if he didn't act like a total punk before the fight. 

He seems to do that before every fight. He was acting like a complete idiot against Teixeira who then went on to wear him down and completely humble him. 

Mark Madsen's middle initial is "O".

Rogan and DC repeatedly called him O'Madsen and Annik keeps casually dropping hints that it is just "Madsen" and they aren't picking up on it. 

Update: It's the second round and DC figured it out and said Madsen's name 6 times in 20 seconds. Rogan still too stoned to pick it up. 

Update #2: Looks like Rogan convinced DC that it's O'Madsen and now DC switched back. This is amazing content. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Haha 1

what a lame middlewieght title fight. For Romero, likely his last chance at a belt he literally showed no desperation to try and win. Can't wait for the Costa fight...that guy is a beast and wont dull you to sleep in a title fight. Romero should never get another shot imo, fight reminded me of a boring Lewis vs Ngannou heavyweight tilt that was suppose to be great and it was lame

On to next weekends fights...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

what a lame middlewieght title fight. For Romero, likely his last chance at a belt he literally showed no desperation to try and win. Can't wait for the Costa fight...that guy is a beast and wont dull you to sleep in a title fight. Romero should never get another shot imo, fight reminded me of a boring Lewis vs Ngannou heavyweight tilt that was suppose to be great and it was lame

On to next weekends fights...

Such a let down.

You have to beat the champ, take it to him. Romero really screwed up with his game plan.

Costa is good but I think he loses to Stylebender too.

I want them to book the JBJ tilt.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Such a let down.

You have to beat the champ, take it to him. Romero really screwed up with his game plan.

Costa is good but I think he loses to Stylebender too.

I want them to book the JBJ tilt.

I think Adesanya is overrated a bit personally. Maybe I just have a sour taste in my mouth from this last performance...not much of a title defence there "Champ". The GIRLS showed the guys how its done in the Co-Main event! They should take home the main event salaries! That was an epic fight.

Hope Costa knocks that skinny guy out and wins the MW title, maybe during fight week? Adesanya needs to do some more before he should get a JJ LHW title fight imo. I mean the UFC didnt gift McGregor a WW title fight and he seemingly gets what he wants from the UFC as he is their biggest draw. So to allow Adesanya that without him fighting at LHW first would be a mistake imo

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think Adesanya is overrated a bit personally. Maybe I just have a sour taste in my mouth from this last performance...not much of a title defence there "Champ". The GIRLS showed the guys how its done in the Co-Main event! They should take home the main event salaries! That was an epic fight.

Hope Costa knocks that skinny guy out and wins the MW title, maybe during fight week? Adesanya needs to do some more before he should get a JJ LHW title fight imo. I mean the UFC didnt gift McGregor a WW title fight and he seemingly gets what he wants from the UFC as he is their biggest draw. So to allow Adesanya that without him fighting at LHW first would be a mistake imo

Yeah. last night was boring but I think the challenger has to take it to the champ not the other way around so I agree with the decision.

Isreal is good, I wondered if he was overrated too but his last four fights have proved that he is the real deal. He is also undefeated in MMA  and his kick boxing record is sick, 75-5.

Jon Jones wants the fight and both these guys are very popular. I could see the UFC wanting it too. 

I think Conor is still picking his spots and the UFC is helping. It's just that he is overrated and they want to make sure they squeeze as much $ out of his stardom as possible. Fighting Khabib too soon and losing would probably be it for that cash cow. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yeah. last night was boring but I think the challenger has to take it to the champ not the other way around so I agree with the decision.

Isreal is good, I wondered if he was overrated too but his last four fights have proved that he is the real deal. He is also undefeated in MMA  and his kick boxing record is sick, 75-5.

Jon Jones wants the fight and both these guys are very popular. I could see the UFC wanting it too. 

I think Conor is still picking his spots and the UFC is helping. It's just that he is overrated and they want to make sure they squeeze as much $ out of his stardom as possible. Fighting Khabib too soon and losing would probably be it for that cash cow. 

For sure he won, he did damage to Romero's leg. It was the right call, Romero needed to do more but he didn't and was hoping the rope a dope game would draw the Champ into his wheel house. But you don't become the Champ often without having some brains.

Don't think McG wants to fight too often, he doesnt need to and is try to get another boxing payday too. He will almost guaranteed lose if he ever fought Khabib again. Khabib, is a grappler, he won't risk standing up to someone who has KO power like McG. He knows if he brings the fight to the ground its a guaranteed Victory for him. Its MMA so its allowed as it is part of the sport.

Having McG fight guys willing to bang like Cowboy or Gaetje etc is more exciting of a fight to set up. It give McG a better chance of getting a win but he can also get KO'd or submitted. But he won't just get dragged to the ground as it is clearly the "weak" spot in his game. Ferguson might bang with McG but he could also drag him down if they ever fought.

I hope Ferguson can defeat Khabib, as I prefer stand up fighters. GSP in his prime vs Khabib would have been a good fight, but to try and maybe do that fight now would be a payday for GSP but not sure if he could pull of the W. Khabib winning over a retired very INACTIVE GSP wouldn't do much for his career either imo

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Agreed. I enjoyed the first two rounds because I felt like the action was coming. It was the calm before the (expected) storm and so I found the inaction so tense. Great build up...except it built up to nothing. Romero barely broke a sweat and then got on the mic and blamed Adesanya. He spent the majority of the fight choosing to not take the fight to the champ, which is basically what you have to do to become the champ. 

• Cheers 1

Imagine Khabib vs Tony Ferguson fight gets canceled because of corona virus. 

That would be the 5th cancellation for theese two.

There's a good chance it gets canceled as reports indicate the Virus will be hitting hard in about at that time.

It's unlikely people will be gathering in large crowds for sporting event

Maybe they'll move it to a different country.. interesting couple of months coming up.  

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There's a good chance it gets canceled as reports indicate the Virus will be hitting hard in about at that time.

Maybe they'll move it to a different country.. interesting couple of months coming up.  

:picard:

Please stop. 

Edited by RRypien37

On 3/10/2020 at 6:29 PM, WHL rocks said:

You're gonna be right.

Tragic comedy.