The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Just now, Down by the River said:

That was a whole lot of different things. But Costa was basically a heavy bag out there. 

I'm still dumbfounded but the utter lack of aggression from a guy who is all aggression. Sure you pick your spots but you don't wait until your front leg is done...

15 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

I knew Costa was going to lose as soon as he started pretending Izzy's strikes didn't hurt.

I love when guys do this. Like, if they really didn't hurt you, why aren't you just walking through them to get your countershots? Costa stood on the outside getting picked apart after all that talk about doing things differently from Romero... I guess he did things differently from Romero after all. 

On 9/26/2020 at 9:53 PM, Down by the River said:

Izzy is like some internet troll that actually can back up everything. He talked about ***** in Costa's coach's face and dry humped Costa after knocking him out. His personality is really hard to like but I think he will overtake Silva as the greatest middleweight of all time. 

I obviously like Izzy a lot. I'm a massive fan of good strikers. This was his 100th fight in combat sports. The idea that Costa thought he could stand with him was silly. He is a jerk at times and I didn't like the antics. However, Costa deserved it. He was just as much, if not more of a troll leading up. The running video he produced, the white belt at weight ins etc..

There is a rumour that Izzy is gay. What an aggravation for any potentially homophobic remaining cavemen in the sport that would be, if it turns out to be true. As he continues to impose his will on all his opponents.

I really want the JJones fight to happen.

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I obviously like Izzy a lot. I'm a massive fan of good strikers. This was his 100th fight in combat sports. The idea that Costa thought he could stand with him was silly. He is a jerk at times and I didn't like the antics. However, Costa deserved it. He was just as much, if not more of a troll leading up. The running video he produced, the white belt at weight ins etc..

There is a rumour that Izzy is gay. What an aggravation for any potentially homophobic remaining cavemen in the sport that would be, if it turns out to be true. As he continues to impose his will on all his opponents.

Jon Jones definitely has a target on his back - Blachowicz, Izzy and Stipe (Jones is actually gunning for him) - definitely not a lack of opponents for him.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Jon Jones definitely has a target on his back - Blachowicz, Izzy and Stipe (Jones is actually gunning for him) - definitely not a lack of opponents for him.

Didn't JJ want to move up to Heavyweight? Not sure that's smart. It's a lot different up there. He's perfect build type at Light-Heavyweight 

He has some big ass brothers though so who knows.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Right on cue.

Jones comes a knockin' trying to pressure Stylebender. Izzy has stated time and time again, he wants to fight Jones and will do it on his timeline. 

This is Israels world now, undefeated, cleaning out his division, Puma endorsement, etc.. Jones might need to beg 

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/jon-jones-sends-a-stern-warning-to-ufc-middleweight-champion-israel-adesanya/

46 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Right on cue.

Jones comes a knockin' trying to pressure Stylebender. Izzy has stated time and time again, he wants to fight Jones and will do it on his timeline. 

This is Israels world now, undefeated, cleaning out his division, Puma endorsement, etc.. Jones might need to beg 

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/jon-jones-sends-a-stern-warning-to-ufc-middleweight-champion-israel-adesanya/

I disagree, Jones is past his prime, why risk fighting a guy from a lower weight division with more to lose in his legacy if he loses to a smaller fighter. Versus going up in weight, if he lost at HW people wouldn't be as shocked. Jones is still a much larger draw for PPV #s versus Israel...if I had to guess that is.

Israel needs to keep beating multiple people in his division before he can say he has cleaned out the division. Jones cleared out the LHW division on what 2 different occasions?

Hopefully Chimaev can win a couple more fights against higher end fighters to then challenge Israel.

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

I disagree, Jones is past his prime, why risk fighting a guy from a lower weight division with more to lose in his legacy if he loses to a smaller fighter. Versus going up in weight, if he lost at HW people wouldn't be as shocked. Jones is still a much larger draw for PPV #s versus Israel...if I had to guess that is.

Jones is not past this prime.

He is the one chasing this fight not Israel. Although I agree with your brand risk assessment. If Jones loses to the 185 Champ he does not look good and it makes Izzy in the GOAT convo. 

Still, Izzy says he wants to do it in time. I would love to see it.

Israel needs to keep beating multiple people in his division before he can say he has cleaned out the division. Jones cleared out the LHW division on what 2 different occasions?

He is cleaning it out. Silva, Brunson, Gastelum, Romero, Whittaker, Costa, calling for Cannonier. Those are murderers.

Hopefully Chimaev can win a couple more fights against higher end fighters to then challenge Israel.

Looks like he's getting Wonderboy. Thompson is an incredible striker so I can see Chimaev making it dirty, trying to take it to the ground for some smeshing. 

Wonderboy is also a big step up for this new kid and he won't be rattled by the hype, he's been around. I used to love watching him in that Chuck Norris league, all striking and you got deductions for backing up. 

Edited by bishopshodan

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Izzy was talking about getting an asian girl in one of his pressers before covid.

• Cheers 1

A new canadian MMA star in the making.. hopefully!  he has his hands full with this match up but his last two performances have been great.

War Mullet!! 

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2020/10/01/albertas-tanner-boser-to-face-former-ufc-heavyweight-champion-andrei-arlovski.html 

Tanner (The Bulldozer) Boser is shown during a heavyweight mixed martial arts bout against Daniel Spitz, Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, at UFC Fight Night in Boston. Alberta's Tanner (The Bulldozer) Boser will face former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei (The Pit Bull) Arlovski on Nov. 7 at a location yet to be announced. THE CANADIAN PRESS/

Alberta’s Tanner Boser to face former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski

• Cheers 1

On 9/28/2020 at 7:57 AM, bishopshodan said:

Jones is going to heavyweight. I don't see this ever happening. If if it did I see Jon Jones elbowing Israel's skull in at will if he so chooses. 

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

McGregor said he accepted the UFC offer to fight Porier but he wants it to happen in 2020. Would be a good fight, I think McGregor would be in tough to win but should allow whoever wins to be next in line to fight the Champ

With the run Poirier is on I think he'd take out McGregor. 

On 10/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, Chicken. said:

A new canadian MMA star in the making.. hopefully!  he has his hands full with this match up but his last two performances have been great.

War Mullet!! 

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2020/10/01/albertas-tanner-boser-to-face-former-ufc-heavyweight-champion-andrei-arlovski.html 

Tanner (The Bulldozer) Boser is shown during a heavyweight mixed martial arts bout against Daniel Spitz, Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, at UFC Fight Night in Boston. Alberta's Tanner (The Bulldozer) Boser will face former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei (The Pit Bull) Arlovski on Nov. 7 at a location yet to be announced. THE CANADIAN PRESS/

Alberta’s Tanner Boser to face former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski

He looked very good his last outing. I expect Arlovski's jaw to be tested in this one. 

• Cheers 1