The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Jones is going to heavyweight. I don't see this ever happening. If if it did I see Jon Jones elbowing Israel's skull in at will if he so chooses. 

Jones has been begging for it all week long.Dana likes the idea..

GSP came out recently saying Izzy is 'the perfect fighter'

I think this happens and Israel gives Jones a run for is his money. I could see Jones using his great wrestling, taking it to the ground and using those elbows as you said.

Chael Sonnen thinks Izzy wins 5 out of 5 rnds if they stay standing. DC said something though that I really agree with. Jones can take a punch, he is very durable, gumby like. 

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Jones has been begging for it all week long.Dana likes the idea..

GSP came out recently saying Izzy is 'the perfect fighter'

I think this happens and Israel gives Jones a run for is his money. I could see Jones using his great wrestling, taking it to the ground and using those elbows as you said.

Chael Sonnen thinks Izzy wins 5 out of 5 rnds if they stay standing. DC said something though that I really agree with. Jones can take a punch, he is very durable, gumby like. 

Ah. Haven't been following MMA as much but Jones wins in the clinch and on the ground. He is just too strong and skilled for Israel if he decides to use it. I figured once he went up to HW he'd stay there considering his age.  Maybe he won't. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Does anyone know why Bellator puts some of their main events in the middle of their card? Like why was the MVP fight the 4th last fight?

That does sound weird, sucks that Bellator changed their broadcast to NBCSN I think from Paramount. Can no longer watch their fights on the tv

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Haha!!! mcNugget only cares about $, he won belts no doubt but he always ran away from defending them...Really hoping Gaethje can pull off the upset this weekend!!!

The funniest part for me was the cringe of Stephen Smith just pushing the issue 

I am with you on the Gaethje upset - it's gonna be a war!

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

The funniest part for me was the cringe of Stephen Smith just pushing the issue 

I am with you on the Gaethje upset - it's gonna be a war!

If you watch MMA and are not a Gaethje fan then something is wrong with you!  If he can hit Khabib early and put him on his heels then things get real interesting quick.  Gaethje has no quit, no fear, a gas tank and the power and skills to pull off the upset. I for one hope he does. 

• Cheers 3

Gaethje is awesome. Sick boxer.

I think he is going to get smeshed though. However, I have been wrong before....I think...it's been so long;)

-.'Cringe' Smith was right about the Cowboy's mindset in the defeat to Conor. Cowboy confirmed it. I think he is right again, no pay day and spotlight for the Irish mouth piece is what Khabib seems to be thinking. 

- 170 is not an eliminator fight for top contenders in a diff division.,,, 155.

I want the GSP fight so I want one more win for Khabib....then for him to lose to the GOAT

Edited by bishopshodan

On 10/20/2020 at 3:13 PM, Gnarcore said:

If you watch MMA and are not a Gaethje fan then something is wrong with you!  If he can hit Khabib early and put him on his heels then things get real interesting quick.  Gaethje has no quit, no fear, a gas tank and the power and skills to pull off the upset. I for one hope he does. 

And one of the absolute best strategists in the business. Khabib has never had to adapt his strategy. Gaethje definitely did when he fought Ferguson. Whitman will have a plan and Gaethje will be willing to execute it. I still think Khabib will win, and I don't dislike him, but I really hope Gaethje takes it. The more selfish part of me hopes that Khabib wins to set up a fight with GSP. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

And one of the absolute best strategists in the business. Khabib has never had to adapt his strategy. Gaethje definitely did when he fought Ferguson. Whitman will have a plan and Gaethje will be willing to execute it. I still think Khabib will win, and I don't dislike him, but I really hope Gaethje takes it. The more selfish part of me hopes that Khabib wins to set up a fight with GSP. 

I really agree with Gaethje that he must keep his back off the fence. 

BIG jump for Khamzat here if he wins nobody  can doubt him.... and Leon is pissed - feeling disrespected - he wants nothing more than to destroy this hype train. Should be good!

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/10/ufc-news-dana-white-announces-leon-edwards-khamzat-chimaev

UFC books Leon Edwards vs. Khamzat Chimaev, expected to headline Dec. 19

• Upvote 1

Pretty serious allegations against Mike Perry:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/10/ufc-news-mike-perry-domestic-violence-allegations-ex-wife-speaks-out

Fairly long article with a lot of evidence against Perry that is hard to overlook, but the key point:

MMA Junkie obtained 911 audio, another police recording and court records that support Nickerson’s detailed accounts of Perry’s alleged abuse.

Nickerson, 28, alleges she was physically assaulted by Perry “a handful of times,” the worst of it coming this year in the early morning hours of Feb. 10 after a night out in Orlando, Fla. Nickerson alleges an enraged Perry, 29, “ground-and-pounded” her in their home until he got tired. She fled to a neighbor’s house, where she was picked up by Perry’s mother, Sabra Young, who took her back to her home in nearby Altamonte Springs. When Perry arrived, his mother locked him out and called 911. According to the audio obtained by MMA Junkie, Young reported to dispatch that her son was “violent,” causing her to fear for her life.