The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

What

A

Great 

CARD!

Not a single fight making it past the second round. Moat fights went how I thought except for the leg one. But even with it being unfortunate, it's still exciting. Gets you talking you know. Masvidal is done imo. No defence. 

9 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Love or hate Mazivdal the guy has class - unlike that clown Covington - he needs to be knocked out like that. Time for Jorge to retire and work on his business ventures.

I wouldn't really say that lol. It's easy to be classy when you get KO'd because there is really nothing else for you to do. If the guy won he wouldn't have been classy about it at all (just look at the Askren fight). Colby is different because he's just playing a stupid gimmick/character. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

I wouldn't really say that lol. It's easy to be classy when you get KO'd because there is really nothing else for you to do. If the guy won he wouldn't have been classy about it at all (just look at the Askren fight). Colby is different because he's just playing a stupid gimmick/character. 

We can agree to disagree I guess. Not sure how you can say Jorge has no class but then say Colby is just a gimmick. Colby got his ass whooped by Usmann but has given him zero respect. guys who get knocked out can go one of two ways - Jorge took the right one. 

Most impressive fighter from UFC 261 was Valentrina - she is such a beast and one of the few fighter who doesn't shy away from fighting the style her opponents is supposedly better than her in. Dominant victory over a very worthy Number 1 challenger

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Love or hate Mazivdal the guy has class - unlike that clown Covington - he needs to be knocked out like that. Time for Jorge to retire and work on his business ventures.

Jorge vs Colby has to happen sooner or later..

Colby ragdolls jorge in wrestling.. there are vids on YouTube of them in their apartment and in gym when they lived and trained together...

It'll be a big fight. Lots of hype..

I don't see Jorge retiring.. he needs a long rest then come back fight colby next year..

Later this year colby vs usman 2 for the belt. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

We can agree to disagree I guess. Not sure how you can say Jorge has no class but then say Colby is just a gimmick. Colby got his ass whooped by Usmann but has given him zero respect. guys who get knocked out can go one of two ways - Jorge took the right one. 

Colby has a point tho.. usman got a rest with fake groin shot.. he was winded and got a rest ...

Colby deserved a rematch. That was bad reffing and usman faked it..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Colby has a point tho.. usman got a rest with fake groin shot.. he was winded and got a rest ...

Colby deserved a rematch. That was bad reffing and usman faked it..

I would blame the ref too. Might have hurt and was close, could have applied pressure to the top of the cup. Usman looked to the ref for confirmation and the ref bit.

That said, I think Usman beats Colby even more convincingly in the rematch. He is evolving still. The jab he uses and obviously the deployment of more power in his hands. The guy is a beast. 

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Jorge vs Colby has to happen sooner or later..

Colby ragdolls jorge in wrestling.. there are vids on YouTube of them in their apartment and in gym when they lived and trained together...

It'll be a big fight. Lots of hype..

I don't see Jorge retiring.. he needs a long rest then come back fight colby next year..

Later this year colby vs usman 2 for the belt. 

Unless Jorge makes it a brawl. I don't see him winning. Colby has cardio for days and a full skill set.

He said he would rematch Nate. If Nate loses to Edwards, which I think is likely, I could see them re-do the BMF fight. I hope they don't make make a Nick vs Gamebred fight.

Random that there are ideas of Nick vs Khamzat. 

Fake eye poke fake groin shot.. mark goddard is apparently a leftist liberal extemist and doesnt like Colbys MEGA schtick..

Finger went close to left eye usman forgot he was pretending it was right eye and doctor checked right eye..

Usman completely cheated.. colby had all the momentum.  Usman was hurt with kick to belt line. He might have been finished right there..

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Unless Jorge makes it a brawl. I don't see him winning. Colby has cardio for days and a full skill set.

He said he would rematch Nate. If Nate loses to Edwards, which I think is likely, I could see them re-do the BMF fight. I hope they don't make make a Nick vs Gamebred fight.

Random that there are ideas of Nick vs Khamzat. 

Usman is a cheater.. even on TUF he lied about fence grab.. known cheater.. no eye poke no groin shot.. he was hurt and winded he got 2 lengthy breaks.. 

No point Nate vs Mazvidal. That was a one sided affair. It wasnt even close..

Nick vs Jorge is the fight i wanna see.. that would be a fight..

Edited by WHL rocks

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

No point Nate vs Mazvidal. That was a one sided affair. It wasnt even close..

Nick vs Jorge is the fight i wanna see.. that would be a fight..

It would be a good fight. 

I just think Nate deserves it more as it was a dr stoppage and Jorge said he would rematch. I agree Nate was getting the tar beat out of him but that's common. Nate always has his great ground game and anything could be possible. Can't imagine who he would fight though if he some how pulls of beating Edwards.

I also don't love big bro stepping in. Seems weird. I don't know who I'd like to see Nick fight though but I am excited that he looks to be back. 

• Upvote 1