The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

On 7/13/2021 at 5:41 PM, bishopshodan said:

Nick finally booked a fight.

Diaz v Lawler.

I'll put my 10 years ago glasses on and enjoy the show. 

Lawler has fallen off big time, but Nick hasn't fought in 6 years. Still think  Diaz wins easily, going to be 5 rounds too...going along with 2 title fights on the same card

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Lawler has fallen off big time, but Nick hasn't fought in 6 years. Still think  Diaz wins easily, going to be 5 rounds too...going along with 2 title fights on the same card

I agree with you but I think the betting odds are in favour of Lawler. Maybe due to Nicks inactivity. 

15 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree with you but I think the betting odds are in favour of Lawler. Maybe due to Nicks inactivity. 

That is surprising, but it has to be due to inactivity and the line likely gets much closer when the fight date nears

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Rumour that Anderson Silva will be fighting Logan Paul in Sept.

Maybe should have posted in the boxing thread or is there a celeb death match thread yet?

That is a more fair celebrity fight that Paul vs wee Floyd was. At some point 1 or both of these Paul brothers are gonna get KO'd and with recent fights being made against better competition it is only a matter of time you would have to think. Career fighters Silva and Woodley are no joke, unless they get paid on the side to not destroy a Paul have to think these 2 upcoming matches will be their hardest yet.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

And another..

Oscar is/was very good, TRT Belfort is a big beast.

Gotta go with brutality over skill in this dumb match up.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/vitor-belfort-vs-oscar-de-la-hoya-triller-location-date-los-angeles

what is light heavyweight in the boxing world weight wise?? Del a Hoya might need to be careful but he is a legendary boxer so should be able to wear down Belfort cardio wise and avoid getting KO'd, otherwise it won't look good on him. Same kind of goes for Woodley, he has more to lose than Jake Paul...if Paul somehow knocks him out, man that would suck to be T. Woodley, would be time for him to crawl under a rock imo

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

what is light heavyweight in the boxing world weight wise?? Del a Hoya might need to be careful but he is a legendary boxer so should be able to wear down Belfort cardio wise and avoid getting KO'd, otherwise it won't look good on him. Same kind of goes for Woodley, he has more to lose than Jake Paul...if Paul somehow knocks him out, man that would suck to be T. Woodley, would be time for him to crawl under a rock imo

I think light heavyweight is under 175.  Del a Hoya was a middle weight, wasn’t he?  

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think light heavyweight is under 175.  Del a Hoya was a middle weight, wasn’t he?  

Not sure, but Belfort was a 185 and or 205lb fighter and Oscar wasn't near that big so looks like Belfort is gonna have to cut quite a bit?

No longer an exhibition apparently..

@Alf

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/7/21/22587486/vitor-belfort-vs-oscar-de-la-hoya-no-longer-an-exhibition-now-a-pro-boxing-match

The Triller fight card anchors an all-weekend event with live concerts expected to take place in addition to the De La Hoya vs. Belfort bout. The fight is scheduled for eight, two-minute rounds at a catchweight of 180 pounds. Belfort usually competed as a middleweight (171 to 185 pounds) in MMA, while De La Hoya fought as high as boxing middleweight (154 to 160 pounds).

The fighters were expected to wear 10-ounce gloves for the contest, but official paperwork for the bout hasn’t been completed yet, according to one person with knowledge of negotiations

Also rumoured out there is...Shannon Briggs vs Quinton Jackson.

Crazy.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I just watched TJ lose a fight.

I know fighting. 

Cormier was saying that the time he spent holding Cory up against the cage can be viewed by some judges as control time or something? TJ took the most damage by far, but have to give him credit he hung in there and didn't back down. Before the judges made their decision I told my GF that this will go to TJ as it will help the UFC with a big name title fight likely coming for TJ and the winner of the championship fight.

Although, TJ said he did want to stay active and not wait around...his knee may need some time to recover as well as his cut around the eye

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, Alflives said:

At the end maybe but his peak run was at 147lbs which is welterweight. 

Edited by Gnarcore