The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

The thing about Gane is that his movement is so good that he barely ever takes damage.

It's easy to see his offensive ability, he has many options to chip away at his opponents.

But what's impressive to me in his ufc fights is how little he gets hurt.....in the land of giants.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

The thing about Gane is that his movement is so good that he barely ever takes damage.

It's easy to see his offensive ability, he has many options to chip away at his opponents.

But what's impressive to me in his ufc fights is how little he gets hurt.....in the land of giants.  

He just kept kicking Lewis' leg from a distance and Lewis had zero footwork to close the gap. It was like Gane even surprised himself at how well he was doing. He'd throw the kick and seem to be expecting a counter and then nothing.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Stipe and N'Gannou are match ups where I think he could have issues. Or Jones if he ever does go to HW. However, I am excited for the potential fights for this guy. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

don't recall the guys name, but what a shin to the head KO this past weekend in the UFC.

Also, didn't see the Jake Paul- Woodley boxing match but I am kind of impressed that Paul went the distance and got the victory...sounds like he was more active but he got rocked once in round 4

58 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Also, didn't see the Jake Paul- Woodley boxing match but I am kind of impressed that Paul went the distance and got the victory...sounds like he was more active but he got rocked once in round 4

I watched.

It was awful.

Woodley was walking Jake down and hurt him but was not active enough. Jake landed more but overall the bout was lacking.

Jake has shown he is good enough to get in there. Wonder if he will box someone his size soon. 

7 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I watched.

It was awful.

Woodley was walking Jake down and hurt him but was not active enough. Jake landed more but overall the bout was lacking.

Jake has shown he is good enough to get in there. Wonder if he will box someone his size soon. 

The rumour is Tyson Fury's younger brother Tommy who fought earlier on the card I believe. But the Fury's are huge aren't they like full on heavyweights....Tommy being leaner compared to the champ.

I was surprised to not hear more about that possibly happening after they both won, but maybe it did as I didn't watch and dont read post fight news on boxing more just watch for the fun

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

The rumour is Tyson Fury's younger brother Tommy who fought earlier on the card I believe. But the Fury's are huge aren't they like full on heavyweights....Tommy being leaner compared to the champ.

I was surprised to not hear more about that possibly happening after they both won, but maybe it did as I didn't watch and dont read post fight news on boxing more just watch for the fun

Yea, they have been talking about it.

Obviously, Jake will pick the easiest fight that garners the most attention, which equals the most money. Once he loses, I think this sideshow is over. He may get one more big payday after if it is against Logan. 

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Yea, they have been talking about it.

Obviously, Jake will pick the easiest fight that garners the most attention, which equals the most money. Once he loses, I think this sideshow is over. He may get one more big payday after if it is against Logan. 

pulled a McNugget and retired 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 8:24 PM, Gnarcore said:

7 years away and Nick Diaz putting hands on Lawler! 

missed the fights myself, kind of surprised Lawler won, thought he was done but maybe the lack of a major weight cut helped him? Also he has been active whereas Nick has been away for years...either way if asked I would have said Diaz would win. How was the Ortega Volk fight? Really wanted to see that one, maybe I can find a replay of it?

50 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

missed the fights myself, kind of surprised Lawler won, thought he was done but maybe the lack of a major weight cut helped him? Also he has been active whereas Nick has been away for years...either way if asked I would have said Diaz would win. How was the Ortega Volk fight? Really wanted to see that one, maybe I can find a replay of it?

He just kept coming forward and didn't give Diaz much room or time to wear him out. Diaz was great in rd 1.  Was a good fight. 

As for the main event...wow. Yes watch it. Amazing! 

• Cheers 1