The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

• 2 weeks later...

Intergender fights are now a thing.

Really bad technique, pathetic actually, but goes and ends how everyone knows it would. The 'man' battering the female.

Just gross stuff.

MMA news: Male fighter batters female opponent during intergender bout in Poland

https://www.givemesport.com/1777413-mma-news-male-fighter-batters-female-opponent-during-intergender-bout-in-poland

Why would Chimaev call out Diaz...guy has lost 3 of his last 4, does he want the $ or go for a title shot? He should fight someone like Magny or maybe someone top 5 then if he dominates he can get a title shot. I like 1 idea I saw about him fighting Gilbert Burns, that would be a strong test for him

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why would Chimaev call out Diaz...guy has lost 3 of his last 4, does he want the $ or go for a title shot? He should fight someone like Magny or maybe someone top 5 then if he dominates he can get a title shot. I like 1 idea I saw about him fighting Gilbert Burns, that would be a strong test for him

Because you get title shots off of hype, not competition. Magny doesn't get him attention. Demolishing Diaz will build his profile and help him simultaneously make money and get a title shot.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:06 PM, Down by the River said:

Because you get title shots off of hype, not competition. Magny doesn't get him attention. Demolishing Diaz will build his profile and help him simultaneously make money and get a title shot.

100% that is what it is, sometimes I forget UFC makes $/hype fights and NOT legit top contender fights. I get why they do it and it clearly works considering how much the UFC is worth nowadays...

• Cheers 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:05 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Question for me is why would Nate take it? The guy is after big fights for big money at this point. I expect we see him fight Connor for trilogy and retire. 

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

I think Nate takes a rematch in the trilogy too. 

Nate is in the drivers seat. That fight should bag him a ton of dough.

He's on his last fight of his contract and wont re-up for small beans I imagine. That's why Dana is trying to sink him with the match up vs Hazmat. I believe the UFC have to offer a certain amount of fights per year and since CM isn't ready and Nate wants to fight in Dec, Dana is in a tough spot. 

Nate has pulled of the improbable for western audiences. He can lose fights but still be very popular due to the way he fights. Indomitable spirit, like the Japanese crowds love Nana korobi ya oki, get knocked down 7 times...get up 8. 

So, if Connie and Dana want that trilogy when CM is fully healed...someone is gonna get paid.

Also frees up Diaz for celeb boxing $ once he is out of the UFC contract.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nate is in the drivers seat. That fight should bag him a ton of dough.

He's on his last fight of his contract and wont re-up for small beans I imagine. That's why Dana is trying to sink him with the match up vs Hazmat. I believe the UFC have to offer a certain amount of fights per year and since CM isn't ready and Nate wants to fight in Dec, Dana is in a tough spot. 

Nate has pulled of the improbable for western audiences. He can lose fights but still be very popular due to the way he fights. Indomitable spirit, like the Japanese crowds love Nana korobi ya oki, get knocked down 7 times...get up 8. 

So, if Connie and Dana want that trilogy when CM is fully healed...someone is gonna get paid.

Also frees up Diaz for celeb boxing $ once he is out of the UFC contract.

That is looking more and more like an option for a lot of guys. 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...