The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, Canuckster86 said:

Looking forward to Chimaev Vs. Burns tomorrow, solid test for Chimaev...if he can beat Burns then should be in line for Usman if he defends his belt against Leon.

It's going to be a great card to night.

Great fights with story lines like a wwe event.

I like Chimaev as a person, his work ethic and confidence etc...but I don't like that he and Kadyrov are tight.

I would love to see Burns slow the hype train....but I don't know if that will happen.

If he gets past Burns, he should see Colby next. Not Usman. 

Edited by bishopshodan

Watching the whole card including early prelims since 330 pm today..

So pumped for the Chimaev and Petr Yan fights. Both are my favorite fighters in MMA. Yan is elite. Such a great fighter. Best boxer in UFC by comfortable margin..

I think The Korean Zombie has a chance to beat Volk.  But Volk is a beast man. He looks unbeatable. 

Yan will beat Sterling and Khamzat likely ground and pounds Burns. 

Top heavy card. Not very interesting except the last 3 fights but wow... all 3 are huge fights.. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It's going to be a great card to night.

Great fights with story lines like a wwe event.

I like Chimaev as a person, his work ethic and confidence etc...but I don't like that he and Kadyrov are tight.

I would love to see Burns slow the hype train....but I don't know if that will happen.

If he gets past Burns, he should see Colby next. Not Usman. 

I don't like politics in sports..

But all 4 major sports teams go to the Whitehouse after winning league championship. 

American president kills millions. Khadyrov killed thousands. do you feel the same about any athlete visiting Obama or Biden or Bush??? Or do you hate them even more than Chimaev visiting Khadyrov.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't like politics in sports..

But all 4 major sports teams go to the Whitehouse after winning league championship. 

American president kills millions. Khadyrov killed thousands. do you feel the same about any athlete visiting Obama or Biden or Bush??? Or do you hate them even more than Chimaev visiting Khadyrov.

Let's not.

I should not have mentioned it.

I still want the hype train derailed. He's a monster but his persona could use a check. Still, he is that good. Tough kid. 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Let's not.

I should not have mentioned it.

I still want the hype train derailed. He's a monster but his persona could use a check. Still, he is that good. Tough kid. 

Yes. I keep sports and politics completely separate.  Or I wouldn't be able to watch any sport and my life would be miserable. 

I'm also non tribal. I do t "hate" people who I don't agree with like most people are so divided  and on team Democrat or team Republicans. 

Same for sports. Once in a while I get smirks on here because I can cheer for Flames Oilers Leafs on any given night depending on who their competition is. 

I do cheer for all Canadian teams but if Capitals played Leafs in playoffs I'd most likely cheer for OV8. 

I'm a huge Khamzat fan. Live his energy. The guy is super nice out side the cage. He's one of the biggest stars in UFC already. Dana said he's getting 7 or 8 times more social media hits than the 2 Yan Sterling Volk and Zombie.. 

Bisping went to dinner with khamzat and Till and he can't stop talking about what a gentleman and nice human being Khamzat is..

It's a business.. they promote themselves how ever they think is best.. khamzat is doing an amazing job but everyone who meets him can't stop talking about his hard work and good down to earth personality..

What a fight. Two warriors in there. It'll take fight of the night and perhaps the new award fans choice fight of the night ....

I thought Khamzat would GnP Burns for tko in 2nd or 3rd. But Burns was all heart..

Khamzat needed a fight like that before facing Colby and then Usman.. that 3 round war will help Khamzat immensely moving forward. He said as much in post fight that he needed that 3 round war some bleeding and some pain.. moving forward this will nothing but help.. nothing like real fight minutes... 

Let's go Yan and win unify the belt.. Yan has to be at the top of most lists for pound for pound. He's a complete package. Savage. 

9 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

If R2 was a 10-8 for Aljo, could we be looking at a draw if Yan wins R5. 

10 -8 for what. He had yans back then exchanged shots.. did nothing..

Yan got robbed big time.. 

He had rounds 1,4 and 5.. dominated round 5. 

Yan had more of a 10-8 in round 5 than Sterling did in any round.

Accordimg to judges score card, difference was round 1. Yan was aggressive chasing Sterling all over the octagon in round 1..

Yan got robbed. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Accordimg to judges score card, difference was round 1. Yan was aggressive chasing Sterling all over the octagon in round 1..

Yan got robbed. 

Lol. No. He didn't. He clearly won 4 and 5. Clearly lost 2 and 3. Round 1 I had for Yan, but it was close. It is ridiculous to call it a robbery. Maybe the most overused word by MMA fans. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yan got robbed. 

That's not what happened. You're just misrepresenting the round. 

I didn't have it a 10-8, but some would argue it was. I pointed this out only because it would have been a disaster for that fight to end in a draw.