Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***


Charlie.Sheen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes KC is the real deal but maybe not the phenom that many thought. I think his weakness is his technical striking. 

If that fight was 5 rnds we might have seen Burns hand raised.

 

 

Colby next for the savage I hope. I'm not sure if he can beat Colby though, CC has a massive gas tank, tough and is a very skilled wrestler with decent hands.

 

Aljo decision was weak...once you can't do anything on someones back....you're just a backpack, as he is proud to be called. 

 

I enjoyed the Megan fight, It was fun to see her just climb onto TT while standing. 

 

 

Edited by bishopshodan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 8:29 AM, bishopshodan said:

Should we believe the American Gangster Bad Boy though ?  I would be shocked if this came to fruition haha it would be a total beat down. Oh Conor.. no danger? Didn't you see what happened to Masvidal x 2 ?   Ideal scenario for him is Chandler having the belt I guess. he should listen to Rogan and take a tune up fight first.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Should we believe the American Gangster Bad Boy though ?  I would be shocked if this came to fruition haha it would be a total beat down. Oh Conor.. no danger? Didn't you see what happened to Masvidal x 2 ?   Ideal scenario for him is Chandler having the belt I guess. he should listen to Rogan and take a tune up fight first.

I agree.

Think Chael is full of it. Edwards laughed off the suggestion. Usman would murder CM.

 

And, yes he should take a tune up fight too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crazy if true.

 

Nate is in tough obviously against KC but I see it as a win/win for Diaz.

 

He fights out his contract and losing to the hottest new smesh dude wont hurt his status going into celeb boxing.

Or if he wins ( big if) he leaves UFC while stopping their new push toy. 

 

Maybe we see him and Cmac box one day too?

 

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/5/3/23055710/ufc-276-israel-adesanya-vs-jared-cannonier-leaked-nate-diaz-khamzat-chimaev-dana-white-fight-plans

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Crazy if true.

 

Nate is in tough obviously against KC but I see it as a win/win for Diaz.

 

He fights out his contract and losing to the hottest new smesh dude wont hurt his status going into celeb boxing.

Or if he wins ( big if) he leaves UFC while stopping their new push toy. 

 

Maybe we see him and Cmac box one day too?

 

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/5/3/23055710/ufc-276-israel-adesanya-vs-jared-cannonier-leaked-nate-diaz-khamzat-chimaev-dana-white-fight-plans

 

 

it sounds crazy for sure, why would Chimaev fight Diaz...Chimaev is at the top of the division who is next in line for a title fight or at most 1 fight away against a top ranked opponent not an old washed up over hyped Diaz...maybe he wants to take an easy fight then when he wins call out the champ?

 

Diaz should box Jake Paul, but Dana doesn't want to let him out of his deal with 1 fight remaining and Diaz makes it sound like Dana is dragging his feet setting up a fight as he likely knows Diaz walks after and Diaz is still a draw for UFC PPV's I am guessing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

it sounds crazy for sure, why would Chimaev fight Diaz...Chimaev is at the top of the division who is next in line for a title fight or at most 1 fight away against a top ranked opponent not an old washed up over hyped Diaz...maybe he wants to take an easy fight then when he wins call out the champ?

 

Diaz should box Jake Paul, but Dana doesn't want to let him out of his deal with 1 fight remaining and Diaz makes it sound like Dana is dragging his feet setting up a fight as he likely knows Diaz walks after and Diaz is still a draw for UFC PPV's I am guessing?

Yeah Diaz is still a massive draw. He remains popular regardless of record. People like the way he fights and how he carries himself.

Before the Burns fight I could see why KC would want to fight Nate as it would be winnable and give him a big name under his belt

Now, I see the risk being to his brand and hype.

 

Could you imagine one more "I'm not surprised MoFos'? 

As Nate's last fight on his deal.... People would laugh at Chimaev and Dana, as Diaz rides off into the sunset to makes huge bank boxing Jake Paul.

 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Charles missed weight by half a pound..... though rumours going around of a mis-calibrated scale..... #ScaleGate

 

Leaning towards Justin after the weigh ins.... though I still want Olives to win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Charles missed weight by half a pound..... though rumours going around of a mis-calibrated scale..... #ScaleGate

 

Leaning towards Justin after the weigh ins.... though I still want Olives to win.

I still think he does.

He's got pretty good hands and obviously is an anaconda.

 

I thought they allowed 0.5 pounds over? or is a title fight thing? I haven't read much yet. EDIT: read more 'championship weight' and yes seems there is a scale gate going on. Too bad.

 

What I have read is they are going to essentially strip him. If JG wins he gets the belt. If Olives wins, it's vacant and Olives gets to fight for it again next. Also read that 18 of the 28 fighters were over by 0.5

 

 

 

Edited by bishopshodan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...