The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I still think he does.

He's got pretty good hands and obviously is an anaconda.

I thought they allowed 0.5 pounds over? or is a title fight thing? I haven't read much yet. EDIT: read more 'championship weight' and yes seems there is a scale gate going on. Too bad.

What I have read is they are going to essentially strip him. If JG wins he gets the belt. If Olives wins, it's vacant and Olives gets to fight for it again next. Also read that 18 of the 28 fighters were over by 0.5

Yes... sounds suspect af and I feel bad as heck for Charles, he should have pulled a DC and leaned on the towel. bush league ufc is also taking part of his purse and ppv points away.

Hopefully this leads to Garth overlooking him even more and getting choked unconscious. I'm just worried Olives is going to be too drained which might affect his chin

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

CHUCKY BABY!!!  WHAT A FIGHT!

thankfully it made up for the snoozefest Rose gave us 

She did that after I explained to my friend that she's one of my favorites to watch, not just of women, but of anyone in the UFC. The performance+attitude was pathetic. 

Happy for Charles. It is outrageous that so many people label him a quitter when you look at the adversity he dealt with as a child. He is a treat to watch. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Down by the River said:

She did that after I explained to my friend that she's one of my favorites to watch, not just of women, but of anyone in the UFC. The performance+attitude was pathetic. 

Happy for Charles. It is outrageous that so many people label him a quitter when you look at the adversity he dealt with as a child. He is a treat to watch. 

Have a listen to this too;

Saying the boos were for carla lmao

pathetic attitude and lack of self awareness.  Pedo pat barrys coaching is awful.

• Cheers 1

Rose's corner might have been the worst I've seen in a while.

Barry is cringe with her and had the worst advice. Wittman was a little better but should have taken the reigns.

Carla won, she didn't do much but Rose did nothing. 

Her attitude is worse than her performance. Did she mention not wanting to mess up her face in that interview? the same girl that shaves her head because it's not about beauty? the same girl whose nickname is 'thug'? 

She was once humble and real. She has a big head now....kinda reminds me of Diego Sanchez with her 'I'm the best' crap too..Do you remember Diego and his 'Yes'!' ?

diego-wtf-juggo.0.gif.941e2045b0fa6061c2f8543832e57a35.gif

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Rose's corner might have been the worst I've seen in a while.

Barry is cringe with her and had the worst advice. Wittman was a little better but should have taken the reigns.

Carla won, she didn't do much but Rose did nothing. 

Her attitude is worse than her performance. Did she mention not wanting to mess up her face in that interview? the same girl that shaves her head because it's not about beauty? the same girl whose nickname is 'thug'? 

She was once humble and real. She has a big head now....kinda reminds me of Diego Sanchez with her 'I'm the best' crap too..Do you remember Diego and his 'Yes'!' ?

diego-wtf-juggo.0.gif.941e2045b0fa6061c2f8543832e57a35.gif

Wittman got polar opposites from his fighters. Rose was overly tentative and Gaethje was so aggressive he literally punched himself onto the canvas. 

Usually Wittman leads the cornering and Barry chimes in with some sort of emotional support, but this fight was different, with Barry basically doing everything. Wittman was in a weird position. 

It is easy to $&!# on Rose, but also, she's been groomed by Barry since she was a 15 year old, so I'm not surprised that she is emotionally immature. That's right where a creep like Barry wants her. There is a massively problematic dynamic in MMA between female fighters and their coaches.  

• 1 month later...

Shevchenko is such a great fighter. One of my favorite MMA fighters over all. Tough challenge with a tall and very strong opponent in Santos. But Shevchenko showed heart of champion and was great last 2 rounds for the win. 

• Cheers 1

Start to finish 275 was a Hell of a card. 
‘Hate to see JJ go, she was one of my favourites but it was time. Everyone other than Rose are just licking their lips to get at Esparza, the worst champ in any division. 
I have no idea how any judge had that 4 rounds to 1 for Schevchenko. I think she lost close decision, so don’t think the split decision win is egregious but 4 rounds to 1 is. 
‘The Prochaska/Silva fight was amazing start to finish, glad it didn’t get left to the judges. Wanderlei is amazing and just such a nice guy. Prochaska definitely showed some holes, when he get tired and stops bobbing he leaves his head sitting so open, a better striker could have knocked that thing clear off. 
‘Great card, even the prelims were wild. 

Great card.

Nice to see the Aussies get the W's

I think Zhang will have the belt again, just a matter of time.

Close fight for Val but I give her the edge, she just was working harder and pushing the pace, such an amazing fighter.

Glover F'd up. He was tired, I swear he told his corner that but man is he ever well rounded and tough.

Jiri is something else, I always love when fighters embrace a bushido code. He's still relatively young and will get better. Would love to have seen him against Jones.