The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

On 7/10/2022 at 2:16 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Would be a big upset if Izzy lost the middleweight belt, but I am secretly hoping it happens albeit not likely.

Izzy is calling for Pereira sooner than later. Saying that they already have it sussed out. 

I think it would be a grappler that could dethrone him but who knows.

Have to give him credit for being active and not picking his spots though. He's a true fighter.

If you combine his pro mma, kickboxing and boxing fights he has a record of 110-7.

• Cheers 1

Even if Nate gets the full smesh treatment, which he very likely will, his fans will see him as even more of a legend.

Dana hasn't noticed that many mma fans get it now. Indomitable spirit matters and Nate has it. Not unlike the way Japan supports fighters, get knocked down 7x get back up 8. Nana korobi, ya oki.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/7/19/23270491/this-might-be-really-ugly-pros-react-to-planned-nate-diaz-vs-khamzat-chimaev-ufc-279-showdown

....and , any given Sunday...just imagine if Nate pulls it off on his last fight of the contract. Legend isn't a big enough term. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dominick Cruz has been around FOREVER!  He first fought Faber for the WEC title before this thread was even started lol.  Here he is though in another main event and looking to get in to title contention!

I wish him luck but (as usual) he’s in a tough fight!

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Dominick Cruz has been around FOREVER!  He first fought Faber for the WEC title before this thread was even started lol.  Here he is though in another main event and looking to get in to title contention!

I wish him luck but (as usual) he’s in a tough fight!

Love watching him fight.

His striking style is nutty.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Love watching him fight.

His striking style is nutty.

Yeah he’s all over the place. (literally)

I have a few friends that love the sport but are newer fans.  I love it when the old dudes do well so I don’t look like the guy saying “back in my day” lol

• Haha 1