Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***


Charlie.Sheen

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

He didn't take shit for damage honestly and got PAID. I give Paul credit for making huge cash off fighting old dudes from a different sport and bums (Askren). Dude is not a legit boxer and loses to all these guys in MMA or any decent boxer in boxing. But props again to him doing these cards and showing actual boxing on them and getting the undercard paid well. I respect the hell out what he is doing honestly. 

Yeah it's a smart business model. 

But Nate clearly took shots to the head, which is just not a good idea for him anymore. The guy can barely string a sentence together. I'm glad he got paid well though. He's a warrior and deserves a big pay day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Yeah it's a smart business model. 

But Nate clearly took shots to the head, which is just not a good idea for him anymore. The guy can barely string a sentence together. I'm glad he got paid well though. He's a warrior and deserves a big pay day.

I've watched Nate since he came into MMA. He never was what you call eloquent or well spoken. ;) 

  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I've watched Nate since he came into MMA. He never was what you call eloquent or well spoken. ;) 

He addresed that lately. He has always spoken that way.

I think he is a smart kid, just look what he is doing with his career and brand. He's a cult legend, free agent.

 

That card last night was fire. From the prospect Sylve's liver shot, to Aliva's slick hands, to the absolute war that Serrano and Hardy put on...it was a fight for the ages, just amazing the toughness on display.

 

Then we saw Nate do what he has done so many times, lose a fight that for the last half looked like he was the real dog, the type of fight where you are left wishing for more rounds because if Nate had more time, he looked like he would be the last man standing. He made everyone watching think, 'yeah if its no time limit, or in the street, Diaz wins this'.

Nate also won over a couple of the boxing commentators, Ariel was trying to give them the heads up that Nate has a gas tank like no other and you never know when he is hurt. The other guys went from counting him out to saying wow. 

 

Great show, I had the UFC on at the same time and it barely got my eyes.

 

Well done Jake Paul.  You are making changes and I am enjoying it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I used to get hyped for MMA more than just about any other sport. Over the last 3-4 years I feel like I've really lost enthusiasm. Up until about a month ago, I didn't even realize that Edwards had defended his belt against Usman. I regularly miss events. I especially don't care to watch any of the PPV build-up / pre-fight stuff. Izzy is fighting tonight and I just don't care. 

 

Anybody else experience this? Has the UFC lost some of its steam, have my interests changed, or am I just depressed lol?

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I used to get hyped for MMA more than just about any other sport. Over the last 3-4 years I feel like I've really lost enthusiasm. Up until about a month ago, I didn't even realize that Edwards had defended his belt against Usman. I regularly miss events. I especially don't care to watch any of the PPV build-up / pre-fight stuff. Izzy is fighting tonight and I just don't care. 

 

Anybody else experience this? Has the UFC lost some of its steam, have my interests changed, or am I just depressed lol?

I think it's fine if your interests change over time! I'm sure you're spending that time and energy on other things.

 

But you must not be the only one that feels this way. Strickland shocked the world last night and this thread is super quiet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seans boxing defence is very underrated. 

He gets his arms in the way of incoming shots better than anyone, things slip of him and are redirected. Hardly gets hit clean.

 

Izzy had a night off, wasn't very good, didn't change much up during the fight. Sean crowded him and marched forward and it was enough. Good win for the loudmouth.

 

Overall another meh card. The sport is at a stale point. UFC is slipping, rankings dont matter etc...mma is a lot like the boxing world now, prizefights are all that fighters want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Seans boxing defence is very underrated. 

He gets his arms in the way of incoming shots better than anyone, things slip of him and are redirected. Hardly gets hit clean.

 

Izzy had a night off, wasn't very good, didn't change much up during the fight. Sean crowded him and marched forward and it was enough. Good win for the loudmouth.

 

Overall another meh card. The sport is at a stale point. UFC is slipping, rankings dont matter etc...mma is a lot like the boxing world now, prizefights are all that fighters want.

And Sean stayed composed and didn't try to get the stoppage, opening himself up to Izzys counters. 

 

I agree that the moneyfights are obnoxious but fans have done this to themselves. Most people pay to see big personalities rather than skilled match ups. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...