The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Latest update from the SFU Road Condition site:

AS OF 9 P.M., THE SNOWFALL WARNING HAS BEEN LIFTED. SFU’S BURNABY CAMPUS IS EXPECTED TO RE-OPEN FRIDAY. THE FORECAST CALLS FOR 20-30 MM OF RAIN TONIGHT WITH AN ADDITIONAL 5-10 MM TOMORROW. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CHECK THE SFU ROAD CONDITIONS REPORT ONLINE OR BY PHONE AT 604.444.4929

Looks like school's back in tomorrow.

You walked from SFU to Proudctions?

I'm proud of you man. I watched people walk down the hill as I got a ride from a friend =)

I honestly don't see why people wait at the West Mall stop. Most of the buses pass right by there. There's a higher chance of boarding a bus if you wait at the UniverCity bay.

You walked from SFU to Proudctions?

I'm proud of you man. I watched people walk down the hill as I got a ride from a friend =)

Walked down to Duthie were there were two 135's waiting, would've been nice to have a sled lol.

I was kinda hoping the passing cars would take mercy on us walkers and offer rides to the bottom, but noooooooo.

It might, but just to play it safe, throw some bags of rice on there to try it out first :P

Lol and then somehow cook the rice later?! Free rice for all students!!

The AQ pond is officially unfrozen :( It's basically a giant muck and slush slurpee. Hopefully it'll freeze over again soon. I really want to try skating on it!

Wow it's warmed up today! Props to the road crews. From what I've seen they did a good job of clearing the snow away from main streets

Lol and then somehow cook the rice later?! Free rice for all students!!

The AQ pond is officially unfrozen :( It's basically a giant muck and slush slurpee. Hopefully it'll freeze over again soon. I really want to try skating on it!

Wow it's warmed up today! Props to the road crews. From what I've seen they did a good job of clearing the snow away from main streets

Wait until the annual heat wave? :P

I'm in Toronto, where it's snowing pretty steadily but it's not cold and it's not sticking. Anyway, this is like my 30th cross Canada trip and I still find Lower Mainland winters to be effectively at least as cold as anywhere other than up north because of the crazy dampness, and Lower Mainland snow and ice is more disruptive because of that dampness and other reasons. Granted the Lower Mainland doesn't get a lot of snow like many places in Canada but what it does get is a hassle.