The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Holy crap, a lot snow in Surrey. Conditions are the worst and universities like SFU and BCIT still decide to keep the school open.

yea they can't keep closing the schools. My bro goes up to the hill on SFU they kept postponing exams and transit was terrible. They decided to stop transit midday even though it was running earlier on saturday and left the students on the hill. 

6 hours ago, D'Angelo Russell said:

yea they can't keep closing the schools. My bro goes up to the hill on SFU they kept postponing exams and transit was terrible. They decided to stop transit midday even though it was running earlier on saturday and left the students on the hill. 

I wonder if they have a contingency plan where if the bby campus had to be closed for a prolonged period, as many of the exams as possible could be hosted at the downtown and surrey campuses...

8 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

They closed the Alex Fraser again, wtf?  Can't be that much ice/snow I've been working beside the bridge all day.  Dammit, now I gotta detour through Richmond, I don't even know how to get home lol.

They build a bridge in Canada that isn't designed for a snow fall......   Wow. Fail. 

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

They build a bridge in Canada that isn't designed for a snow fall......   Wow. Fail. 

No doubt.  what a gong show. I had to use the tunnel and it took forever to get home.  That tunnel makes me furious.  Built in the 50s, handling traffic 60+ years later.  I wonder what the collective count of person hours wasted is every year while people wait to merge from 4 lanes into one.

Going off on a tangent here, but the new tunnel replacement will be complete by 2022 they say. I hope 2 things 1) it doesnt have the same snow / ice issue as the alex fraser and 2) it doesnt amount to just moving the bottle neck to the oak street bridge.... I mean it will surely solve the flow of traffic problem where the tunnel is right now but the oak street bridge is only 2 lanes so wont cars be piling up there faster than before?