The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

• 2 weeks later...

Snowing in Powell River right now, 10 minutes worth, roads covered.

Woke up bright sunny day, a couple of minutes later turned on a light.........wait a minute what happened to my bright sunny day?

Look outside 2 minutes later snow everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Speaking of which, it snowed for an entire day and a half over the weekend, up here in the real P.R.....<_<

I remmber my aunt in Williams Lake telling me they get snow in October, then revising that to say" I mean, When it snows in October, we keep it till March."

Almost moved to Rupert to take a job on the ferry there. Funny thing, look at an arial view of  both places, eerily similar in lay out.

Alphebeticaly Powell River comes before Prince Rupert, so take your issue up with Websters?:unsure:

2 hours ago, gurn said:

I remmber my aunt in Williams Lake telling me they get snow in October, then revising that to say" I mean, When it snows in October, we keep it till March."

Almost moved to Rupert to take a job on the ferry there. Funny thing, look at an arial view of  both places, eerily similar in lay out.

Alphebeticaly Powell River comes before Prince Rupert, so take your issue up with Websters?:unsure:

Alphabetically schmalfabetically.....

....by that metric, we both lose out to Port Renfrew.....<_<

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Alphabetically schmalfabetically.....

....by that metric, we both lose out to Port Renfrew.....<_<

Decades ago I lived in Victoria, but would drive out to Port Renfrew for something to do.

Stop off for a beer at the pub by the warf, nice.

Look over at the pool table and some guy has his golden lab, named Zack, in the pub.

Dog has 2 front paws on the edge of the table, head on paws watching the balls go down. Fun for the dog.

Take another look and realize the dog is calling the shots, he always went to the proper hole for the ball to go down.!

I love labradors.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

Decades ago I lived in Victoria, but would drive out to Port Renfrew for something to do.

Stop off for a beer at the pub by the warf, nice.

Look over at the pool table and some guy has his golden lab, named Zack, in the pub.

Dog has 2 front paws on the edge of the table, head on paws watching the balls go down. Fun for the dog.

Take another look and realize the dog is calling the shots, he always went to the proper hole for the ball to go down.!

I love labradors.

My daughter recently adopted a Golden Lab from the local SPCA. His name is Ripley, but to me he'll always be the Big Galoot....a nickname earned from his habit of being completely oblivious to bowling over his (much) older poodle sister and my daughter's cats, Jessie and James....

Here he is in his halloween costume:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.02b5f6449c6376a36c155df70a971ba3.png

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• 8 months later...

Special weather statement for Metro Vancouver:

Special weather statement in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta

Potential for wet snow with little accumulation.

Locations: Howe Sound, Fraser Valley and areas above 200-metre elevation in Metro Vancouver.

Time span: Friday overnight and Saturday morning.

Remarks: A low pressure system brushing the south coast will bring a chance of wet snow to the Fraser Valley and Howe Sound. For Metro Vancouver, areas above 200 metres are more likely to see wet snow.

Currently, the trajectory of this low suggests a low probability of accumulating snow for this time period.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's a lot of snow for there, isn't it?  

Naw, Not for the old timers anyway.

I try to tell newbies about driving  cars and trucks across frozen Cranberry lake, and snow up to the siding on trailers from November till mid Feb; and they look at me like I'm nuts.

some days they are right.:)

• Vintage 1

Special weather statement for Metro Vancouver:

Special weather statement in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta

Potential snowfall over higher terrain Friday night and Saturday morning.

Locations: Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Sunshine Coast, East Vancouver Island, Malahat Highway.

Timespan: Friday evening through Saturday morning.

Potential snowfall accumulation: Up to 5 cm over higher terrain.

Remarks: A strong Pacific frontal system will move onto the B.C. south coast on Friday night bringing rain to much of the region. Temperatures will be cold enough to keep snow levels around 200 to 300 metres. As a result, precipitation will initially start as snow over higher elevations of the above mentioned regions. Some snowfall accumulations of up to 5 cm is possible over higher terrain before warmer air pushes in on Saturday and allows the snow over higher terrain to change to rain.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42