The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One says it will continue to snow, the other one says it will switch from snow to rain and the last one says it will be cloudy.

I've been following several meteorologists over the past few days, Kristi Gordon and Mark Madryga from Global BC, Tyler Hamilton from the weather network, and Ann Luu from CTV weather and they also have mixed weather reports. 

Its been hard to follow and know who is right and credible.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I've been following several meteorologists over the past few days, Kristi Gordon and Mark Madryga from Global BC, Tyler Hamilton from the weather network, and Ann Luu from CTV weather and they also have mixed weather reports. 

Its been hard to follow and know who is right and credible.

Go to this site and enter your area.

https://www.weather.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-74_metric_e.html

• Hydration 2

And just like that, a new snowfall warning has been issued for Metro Vancouver:

Snowfall warning in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta

Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.

Second winter storm has arrived.

On the heels of a snow-producing storm on Saturday, a Pacific frontal system has arrived on the south coast this morning, spreading snow to the Metro Vancouver region. The snow is expected to become mixed with rain late this afternoon in some areas as another system reaches the region. As is often the case, areas inland and those in the path of the Fraser Valley outflow winds particularly can expect snow to continue through Monday. Snowfall amounts will vary due to the timing of the transition and are likely to be much higher over higher terrain as the rain-snow line is expected to fluctuate between sea level and 200 metres tonight and Monday.

Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Take frequent breaks and avoid strain when clearing snow.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One says it will continue to snow, the other one says it will switch from snow to rain and the last one says it will be cloudy.

My Dad is the BEST for predicting the weather here.  A fisherman his entire life and living near the water in the southwest, he's usually way more accurate than the forecasts online.

I agree....it's like "pick the one you like the most" then cross your fingers.

I'm going to do a very LONNNNNNNNNNNG walk today to take him some supplies.  Avoid the idiots on the road.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Snowing in Powell River right now, 10 minutes worth, roads covered.

Woke up bright sunny day, a couple of minutes later turned on a light.........wait a minute what happened to my bright sunny day?

Look outside 2 minutes later snow everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, gurn said:

Snowing  in P.R. again, lawn covered and sticking on the road.

Speaking of which, it snowed for an entire day and a half over the weekend, up here in the real P.R.....<_<

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Speaking of which, it snowed for an entire day and a half over the weekend, up here in the real P.R.....<_<

I remmber my aunt in Williams Lake telling me they get snow in October, then revising that to say" I mean, When it snows in October, we keep it till March."

Almost moved to Rupert to take a job on the ferry there. Funny thing, look at an arial view of  both places, eerily similar in lay out.

Alphebeticaly Powell River comes before Prince Rupert, so take your issue up with Websters?:unsure:

• Sedinery 1
2 hours ago, gurn said:

I remmber my aunt in Williams Lake telling me they get snow in October, then revising that to say" I mean, When it snows in October, we keep it till March."

Almost moved to Rupert to take a job on the ferry there. Funny thing, look at an arial view of  both places, eerily similar in lay out.

Alphebeticaly Powell River comes before Prince Rupert, so take your issue up with Websters?:unsure:

Alphabetically schmalfabetically.....

....by that metric, we both lose out to Port Renfrew.....<_<

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Alphabetically schmalfabetically.....

....by that metric, we both lose out to Port Renfrew.....<_<

Decades ago I lived in Victoria, but would drive out to Port Renfrew for something to do.

Stop off for a beer at the pub by the warf, nice.

Look over at the pool table and some guy has his golden lab, named Zack, in the pub.

Dog has 2 front paws on the edge of the table, head on paws watching the balls go down. Fun for the dog.

Take another look and realize the dog is calling the shots, he always went to the proper hole for the ball to go down.!

I love labradors.

• Hydration 1
35 minutes ago, gurn said:

Decades ago I lived in Victoria, but would drive out to Port Renfrew for something to do.

Stop off for a beer at the pub by the warf, nice.

Look over at the pool table and some guy has his golden lab, named Zack, in the pub.

Dog has 2 front paws on the edge of the table, head on paws watching the balls go down. Fun for the dog.

Take another look and realize the dog is calling the shots, he always went to the proper hole for the ball to go down.!

I love labradors.

My daughter recently adopted a Golden Lab from the local SPCA. His name is Ripley, but to me he'll always be the Big Galoot....a nickname earned from his habit of being completely oblivious to bowling over his (much) older poodle sister and my daughter's cats, Jessie and James....

Here he is in his halloween costume:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.02b5f6449c6376a36c155df70a971ba3.png

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 2