Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Warnings

Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack

10:21 AM PST Wednesday 30 January 2008

Snowfall warning for

Fraser Valley - east including Chilliwack issued

Total snowfall accumulation of 5 to 10 cm is expected over western Fraser Valley and near 15 cm is expected over eastern Fraser Valley and Howe Sound by Thursday morning.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A weak weather disturbance is moving across the Inner South coast this morning and a stronger frontal system will reach the south coast this afternoon. Precipitation will continue to fall as snow over higher terrain and the inland valleys of the south coast. Snowfall rate will intensify this afternoon and continue into the night. Snow will become mixed with rain over the western Fraser Valley as temperatures rise overnight or Thursday morning. Snowfall total of 10 to 15 cm is expected by Thursday morning. Periods of snow will continue over the eastern Fraser Valley and Howe Sound on Thursday while showers mixed with flurries prevail elsewhere on the Inner South coast.

Meanwhile strong Arctic outflow is still occurring through the inland valleys of the north coast. Windchill values will stay down around minus 20 to 30 until Thursday afternoon when temperatures are expected to climb and the outflow wind eases.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details.

Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford

10:21 AM PST Wednesday 30 January 2008

Snowfall warning for

Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford issued

Total snowfall accumulation of 5 to 10 cm is expected over western Fraser Valley and near 15 cm is expected over eastern Fraser Valley and Howe Sound by Thursday morning.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A weak weather disturbance is moving across the Inner South coast this morning and a stronger frontal system will reach the south coast this afternoon. Precipitation will continue to fall as snow over higher terrain and the inland valleys of the south coast. Snowfall rate will intensify this afternoon and continue into the night. Snow will become mixed with rain over the western Fraser Valley as temperatures rise overnight or Thursday morning. Snowfall total of 10 to 15 cm is expected by Thursday morning. Periods of snow will continue over the eastern Fraser Valley and Howe Sound on Thursday while showers mixed with flurries prevail elsewhere on the Inner South coast.

Meanwhile strong Arctic outflow is still occurring through the inland valleys of the north coast. Windchill values will stay down around minus 20 to 30 until Thursday afternoon when temperatures are expected to climb and the outflow wind eases.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details.

Edited by -FlyingV-

ahahah.... supposedly another 10 cm tonight and into tommorow says the weather network

The Weather Network is the Eklund of weather forecasting. They’re never right and may I remind you that they said that Port Coquitlam should have expected 10-15 CM last night? I live basically on the border of Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam and we only got about a CM.

Stick to CTV News or Global BC.

The Weather Network is the Eklund of weather forecasting. They’re never right and may I remind you that they said that Port Coquitlam should have expected 10-15 CM last night? I live basically on the border of Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam and we only got about a CM.

Stick to CTV News or Global BC.

Why the hell would i mention anything about port coquitlam.... iam from surrey why would i care about the weather situation there.... i wasn't talking about port coquitlam nor did i mention port coquitlam......here is surrey we got 5-10 cm over night at least were i live...

Why the hell would i mention anything about port coquitlam.... iam from surrey why would i care about the weather situation there.... i wasn't talking about port coquitlam nor did i mention port coquitlam......here is surrey we got 5-10 cm over night at least were i live...

I was using it as a ????ing example to show how stupid the Weather Network is.

Good lord.

I was using it as a ????ing example to show how stupid the Weather Network is.

Good lord.

ok fair enough , i missunderstood you...

anyways global and ctv arn't very reliable either , as they have been wrong countless time in the past....

i guess the only thing we can do is wait and see