The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Damn end of an era, Burrows may be my favorite Canuck of all time. ECHL to the NHL, full effort, all heart, squeezing out all the offense he could muster, being a pain for everyone who aren't the Canucks and of course slaying that dragon baby!

I love that the vast majority of Canucks fans always loved him and everyone else hated him.

I wish him well for the rest of his career but he'll always be a Canuck.

• Upvote 2

End of an era for Alex Burrows... thank you so much for the awesome memories!

It is a bittersweet time as a Canucks fan, but knowing you have a new contract extension with a fellow Canadian club right in the mix for doing some serious damage in the playoffs warms me up in this difficult time. You most certainly deserve to compete for the Holy Grail and have stability moving forward B)

q5guzrwicl8xf7q5efzb.jpg

Now that's worth celebrating!

From Dragon Slaying to your relentless puck pursuit night in and night out, it has always been a blast cheering for you! You will be remembered as being #ForeverACanuck. It is rare to see the tenacity you bring each game and all the best as it translates to the Nation's Capital. You brought the best out of every linemate - from Kesler to the Sedins and most recently to Baer and Bo; thank you.

Thanks for carrying on Luc's legacy, being the ambassador of MindCheck for the past few seasons and most importantly our Burr! See you back in a few years? ;)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, danjr said:

What a shame I missed the last game.  Sorry that he had to go.  At least he is on a Canadian team and hopefully he can really help them push for a Cup and bring it  back here!

He is a legend in my heart and I will never say a bad thing about him............The Dragon Slaying goal is worth every cent we ever paid that guy through his entire career!

I was lucky to be at the last game realizing it could be the last time seeing him and I was so thrilled that he played for the last time as a Canuck with the Sedins ... good luck Burr.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I know how you feel Deb. Burr is a warrior and one of the best Canucks players to ever don the jersey. I loved his compete level on a nightly basis and showed it game in and game out. He will always be remembered as a Canuck and I hope he wins the Cup one day with the Sens. If not after his contract expires and signs back with us when we will be a up and coming team who will be competitive. I have no words either but this was for the best. Wish Burr the bestest of luck!

It's so sad seeing that Stanley Cup finals group slowly leaving the Canucks, so many great memories with that group !  It'll be exciting seeing the youth coming up on this team but there will be a sadness there as well .

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Perfect ending is Burrows hoisting the Stanley cup later this year......   That would be a perfect ending for me.

With the Sens?  Not likely.  They are lucky to be in the position they are, quite frankly. 

Not going to be too hard on them of course.... look at where WE are....

Its definitely going to be strange seeing the Canucks without Burrows, but we did get a fantastic return. Still doesn't feel right just yet... I'm already looking forward to his ROH induction in the future, as well as his first game back in Vancouver. I'm glad he'll get another chance to play in the playoffs and hope he has a great last two years in Ottawa.

And I'm also eternally thankful that we kept him on the team instead of Krog or Pettinger or Brown or whoever... ^_^

This thread first started when I was in highschool. It has accompanied me through all my time in college, grad school, and now as I will soon start my own family.

This thread has been here for almost an decade, and will always have a special place in this forum.

I want to thank Clutch for making this legendary thread, and wish Burrows all the best in Ottawa. 

• Upvote 3