The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

4 hours ago, appleboy said:

This is how pathetic our overall history of the Canucks has been. This was not something that took us to the cup. 

I want to see this club win a cup. 

I want this management to take their time and finish the rebuild.  Do what it takes to win a cup. 

You can’t take a moment to celebrate the smaller victories? Anything less than perfection isn’t good enough? Do you have kids?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since the dragon-slaying goal.

Here is my initial reaction when he scored that goal:

BUREOWS ;)

Going back to that thread at that time.  Great memories.

Love this pic that was posted in there a few pages later.  I don't know if maybe they were re-watching Burr's goal. But it brings a tear to me eye seeing how much of a close team they were then.

KEfg6.png

I swear that Bettman and/or the Boston alumni running the league back then made a deal with the devil and switched the Final to one that was played in an alternate universe. The one that was supposed to be played here was instead played on the evil Earth that is equal opposite of us behind the Sun. And we got theirs. The actual destined history was for us to have won the Cup that year. Everything pointed to that. The Sedins and Burrows, and the rest deserved to win that series, and it was pulled out from under us by some kind of black magic..........+ Kelly Sutherland.  

4 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I agree with your last point, but I don't agree with your first. While we don't have a cup, I'd say the Canucks have a great history around the team. The Twins alone bring so much lore to our history.

A massive trade to bring home a pair of twins, who end up being some of the most respected players in the NHL and spend their entire career playing together for the same team. Scoring the winning goal in their last game was a cherry on top.

I feel like you can go down the list with our players and stories and we have a lot of top teir things that have happened to our team, and some real stinkers in the history books as well. Both good and bad make for an interesting history, and I would definitely say the Canucks have that. 

I am not saying that there is not great things to look back on. The twins gave some outstanding hockey for years. 

What I am saying is that it is time to focus on a cup. Nothing else. 

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

You can’t take a moment to celebrate the smaller victories? Anything less than perfection isn’t good enough? Do you have kids?

I have spent 40 plus years celebrating some of the great hockey moments. We have seen everything but a cup. 

Build with one focus. A cup.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

LB shooting arrows back at Burrows..

He looks great in Montreal, I’m sure his enthusiasm and not-so-long ago playoff experiences are spiriting the Habs along.

Good Luck Alex,  get your lips on it this time.

Nice move, SS, reviving this classic thread.

Dragon Slayer raising Dragon Slayers in Montreal...love that Josh Anderson, Bo's buddy, scored two big ones tonight.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

LB shooting arrows back at Burrows..

He looks great in Montreal, I’m sure his enthusiasm and not-so-long ago playoff experiences are spiriting the Habs along.

Good Luck Alex,  get your lips on it this time.

That clip showing Bur pointing to the rafters after the win was pretty special IMHO. Bur moves from player to coach and still honors Luc. Truly, a quality person!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

That clip showing Bur pointing to the rafters after the win was pretty special IMHO. Bur moves from player to coach and still honors Luc. Truly, a quality person!

Pretty sure he was pointing to his family  that was in attendance... But we can pretend 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:51 PM, kilgore said:

Going back to that thread at that time.  Great memories.

Love this pic that was posted in there a few pages later.  I don't know if maybe they were re-watching Burr's goal. But it brings a tear to me eye seeing how much of a close team they were then.

KEfg6.png

I swear that Bettman and/or the Boston alumni running the league back then made a deal with the devil and switched the Final to one that was played in an alternate universe. The one that was supposed to be played here was instead played on the evil Earth that is equal opposite of us behind the Sun. And we got theirs. The actual destined history was for us to have won the Cup that year. Everything pointed to that. The Sedins and Burrows, and the rest deserved to win that series, and it was pulled out from under us by some kind of black magic..........+ Kelly Sutherland.  

Now that was a team.

Feel like we have a group of independent contractors on this club, in comparison.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Now that was a team.

Feel like we have a group of independent contractors on this club, in comparison.

Kely Sutherland should be boo'ed every time he set foot in  Rogers. I recall some one on here mentioned they went to HIghschool with him ( Richmond ) and how much he hated the Canucks.

Edited by Fred65

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I suggest to go to the Canadiens forum and ask that question there by creating a new thread.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

There is only one home for the Burrows thread.  This is his history.

I was going to say that it wouldn’t be as funny there but what Deb said is better.

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I was going to say that it wouldn’t be as funny there but what Deb said is better.

Wow, i really miss this thread and the "Kevin Bieska you really are a....." thread.    Those were the days...............!