The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

geez. that was a fantastic episode

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

2019 can't come any sooner

isn't it winter of 2018?

edit: apparently nobody really knows. six months of working on the episodes, then whatever post production starts. goddamn.

Edited by GLASSJAW

Anyone think Tyrion swore some sort of an allegiance to Cersei when he found out she's pregnant? He was so guilt stricken and emotional about the deaths of her children, and then he's all apologetic -- she drops those hints, and he could easily be tripping over himself to try to make things right and get Cersei to do the right thing

Towards the end of the episode, when the dragon lovers are going at it, Tyrion is sitting there looking all guilt-stricken. was that jealousy, or was it him being struck with the conflict of allegiance?

Does any of it matter in the end? Tyrion says in the episode that people need to learn how to lie, which is pretty simple foreshadowing to suggest he's duping someone.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Anyone think Tyrion swore some sort of an allegiance to Cersei when he found out she's pregnant? He was so guilt stricken and emotional about the deaths of her children, and then he's all apologetic -- she drops those hints, and he could easily be tripping over himself to try to make things right and get Cersei to do the right thing

Towards the end of the episode, when the dragon lovers are going at it, Tyrion is sitting there looking all guilt-stricken. was that jealousy, or was it him being struck with the conflict of allegiance?

Does any of it matter in the end? Tyrion says in the episode that people need to learn how to lie, which is pretty simple foreshadowing to suggest he's duping someone.

I don't think it was jealousy. He basically put those two together and saw it coming. I think he made a deal with Cersei. 

35 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: Anyone else think that Rhaegar looked a lot like Viserys? As in exactly like him?

Didn't see the closing credits, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see Harry Lloyd's name...

My wife was not too pleased as Rhaegar is supposed to be handsome but ended up looking like that weasel.

It does make sense that they'd look for a very similar-looking actor given all the inbreeding.

Edited by Down by the River

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: Anyone else think that Rhaegar looked a lot like Viserys? As in exactly like him?

Didn't see the closing credits, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see Harry Lloyd's name...

I legit thought it was the same actor

8 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Anyone think Tyrion swore some sort of an allegiance to Cersei when he found out she's pregnant

Yup. The fact they actually didn't really have a "conclusion" shown in their scene together was proof enough to me that they discussed an allegiance of sorts, which will he brought up at a later time. 

Yeah there is a back stabbing coming somebody's way via Tyrion... we just don't know who yet. Did he lie to Cersei or did Cersei lie to him with regards to not actually sending her armies north. Of course they may have schemed that part together.

It will be interesting to see how events unfold when word gets out that Jon Snow, I mean Taergaryan, I mean Aegon Taergaryan, is the rightful heir to the iron throne. What will the reaction of Daenarys be? I think Tyrion may end up being the one that kills her. Although I hope she dies an epic death, if she is to die that is. It seems more and more signs are pointing toward the death of the Dragon Queen.

It is going to be pretty cool to see Jon take on the night king next  year. You know it is going to be Jon on a dragon vs night king on a dragon. Going to be bad ass. A song of Ice and Fire.

I guess Little Finger knew about Rhaegar and Lyanna?  When him and Sansa first visit the crypts in Winterfell Little Finger mentions that how many people had to die because Lyanna chose Rhaegar over Robert.  When Sansa responded she was kidnapped that look LF gave was priceless.  Anyways it's all moot now.  But I always wondered why Ned helped Robert with his rebellion but I guess he was clueless about who Lyanna really loved. (I haven't read any of the books)

Edited by Tre Mac

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I guess Little Finger knew about Rhaegar and Lyanna?  When him and Sansa first visit the crypts in Winterfell Little Finger mentions that how many people had to die because Lyanna chose Rhaegar over Robert.  When Sansa responded she was kidnapped that look LF gave was priceless.  Anyways it's all moot now.  But I always wondered why Ned helped Robert with his rebellion but I guess he was clueless about who Lyanna really loved. (I haven't read any of the books)

Think he says Rheagar chose Lyanna..in reference to that Herranhall Tournament. Robert had thought Rhegar kidnapped Lyanna but Lyanna had actually run off with him.