The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Such an underrated tune. A absolute work of art. RIP Andy Wood.

Calls for more MLB.....

I love them.  And this song (have this album...forget about it for periods of time then "remember" it...gold).  Yep...all the good ones, gone too soon.

Let's do this thing...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I love them.  And this song (have this album...forget about it for periods of time then "remember" it...gold).  Yep...all the good ones, gone too soon.

Let's do this thing...

I have the CD too. So many great tunes on there.... Holy Roller, Bone China, Heartshine.

Andy Wood's Pre MLB band Malfunkshun has some good stuff too.

• Vintage 1
5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I have the CD too. So many great tunes on there.... Holy Roller, Bone China, Heartshine.

Andy Wood's Pre MLB band Malfunkshun has some good stuff too.

Mine's on cd too!  Love it all...he sure was something special.  OK, done deal...have to check out Malfunkshun!  Thanks!!!

I actually have the Single Soundtrack on cassette.  Going wayyyy back.  This is on there too...

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Mine's on cd too!  Love it all...he sure was something special.  OK, done deal...have to check out Malfunkshun!  Thanks!!!

I actually have the Single Soundtrack on cassette.  Going wayyyy back.  This is on there too...

Yeah Andy Wood could have really become something. He was a great showman. Fun fact - Alice in Chains' 'Would' is a tribute to Andy Wood as is Candlebox's 'Far Behind' as well as the entire Temple of the Dog project.

Those early Seattle bands have quite an interesting history. Andy Wood was in Malfunkshun while Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament were in 'Green River' with Mark Arm. After both bands split Wood teamed up with Gossard and Ament to form MLB. Arm went on to form Mudhoney.

Then when Andy Wood died Gossard and Ament decided to stick together and try to form another band. They eventually did. You may have heard about them. They're called Pearl Jam.

I have the 'Singles' soundtrack on CD. So many great tunes on that. The 2 Westerberg tunes, Pumpkins 'Drown', 'Battle of Evermore' cover by Lovemongers. Actually saw Ann and Nancy with Lovemongers way back when. Was a good show.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Yeah Andy Wood could have really become something. He was a great showman. Fun fact - Alice in Chains' 'Would' is a tribute to Andy Wood as is Candlebox's 'Far Behind' as well as the entire Temple of the Dog project.

Those early Seattle bands have quite an interesting history. Andy Wood was in Malfunkshun while Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament were in 'Green River' with Mark Arm. After both bands split Wood teamed up with Gossard and Ament to form MLB. Arm went on to form Mudhoney.

Then when Andy Wood died Gossard and Ament decided to stick together and try to form another band. They eventually did. You may have heard about them. They're called Pearl Jam.

I have the 'Singles' soundtrack on CD. So many great tunes on that. The 2 Westerberg tunes, Pumpkins 'Drown', 'Battle of Evermore' cover by Lovemongers. Actually saw Ann and Nancy with Lovemongers way back when. Was a good show.

Yep, this was (IS) my music.  Nothing ever will be better than this era.  I love Candlebox too...use their tape for working out a lot.   "You" is a pretty standard go to for me...my angry music.  Has to be loud.  Cover Me.  So good.

Andrew was something really special...he had charisma and his voice was very unique.  He truly was a "showman", as you say.  

The 90's was the best music ever on an overall basis for me.  Also Screaming Trees/Mark Lanegan (followed him along his path too). 

I managed to see PJ when they were backing up Neil Young in the day...took my then husband to the show as a surprise (he loved Neil Young, I loved PJ).  Took a limo there, champagne.  Eddie passed around a bottle and we all had a hit from it (we were on the floor/front).

I managed to get Pearl Jam's demo cd out of a free box at a music guy's garage sale.  Treasure.  I also saw Heart when they were first starting out...at the Hugh Boyd gym.  I was a huge fans of theirs.  And their Battle of Evermore is fantastic...

I love it when others are also so passionate about these bands/this music.  It's truly under appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yep, this was (IS) my music.  Nothing ever will be better than this era.  I love Candlebox too...use their tape for working out a lot.   "You" is a pretty standard go to for me...my angry music.  Has to be loud.  Cover Me.  So good.

Andrew was something really special...he had charisma and his voice was very unique.  He truly was a "showman", as you say.  

The 90's was the best music ever on an overall basis for me.  Also Screaming Trees/Mark Lanegan (followed him along his path too). 

I managed to see PJ when they were backing up Neil Young in the day...took my then husband to the show as a surprise (he loved Neil Young, I loved PJ).  Took a limo there, champagne.  Eddie passed around a bottle and we all had a hit from it (we were on the floor/front).

I managed to get Pearl Jam's demo cd out of a free box at a music guy's garage sale.  Treasure.  I also saw Heart when they were first starting out...at the Hugh Boyd gym.  I was huge fans of theirs.  And their Battle of Evermore is fantastic...

I love it when others are also so passionate about these bands/this music.  It's truly under appreciated. 

I'm a big Candlebox fan. If you don't already know these tunes by them check them out ... 'Supernova'  ' Vexatious' 'My Best Friend' '10,000 Horses'. For angry work out music Default's 'Deny' is always good. Oh yeah The Posies 'Dream All Day', Sponge 'Plowed'.

Andy Wood was the closest thing to David Lee Roth. The bonus was he was actually a good singer.

Have manged to see Pearl Jam twice (always worth every penny). Saw Heart twice. Something about seeing a singer like Ann Wilson live that is so damn impressive. Same with Rob Halford of Judas Priest.

• Like 1
On 8/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, nuckin_futz said:

I'm a big Candlebox fan. If you don't already know these tunes by them check them out ... 'Supernova'  ' Vexatious' 'My Best Friend' '10,000 Horses'. For angry work out music Default's 'Deny' is always good. Oh yeah The Posies 'Dream All Day', Sponge 'Plowed'.

Andy Wood was the closest thing to David Lee Roth. The bonus was he was actually a good singer.

Have manged to see Pearl Jam twice (always worth every penny). Saw Heart twice. Something about seeing a singer like Ann Wilson live that is so damn impressive. Same with Rob Halford of Judas Priest.

I see PJ every time they come...this was the best concert I've ever been to (yep, even over LZ). 

I was front row, behind the stage for this one.  Release had me in tears from the get go...it was my song as I went through a really troubled time before my ex and I split. 

I'd bought tickets with my son and his g/f for this show but then my daughter decided she wanted to go...so I gave her my ticket.  Then they released more (the area behind the stage) and I got one.  Was the best seat in the house as far as I was concerned....just unbelievable.  At one point, a super drunk young guy stumbled down the stairs and was suddenly standing right beside me (I had an extra seat that I used for my purse/coat).  He was spilling a drink all over me but we were singing, dancing and I told him "don't worry about it".  It was all good.  We spent 2-3 songs singing, swaying and at the end he said "I love you lady".  Then his friends came (and found him...apparently he'd gotten lost) and he was off.

I also spotted my kids all the way across the arena when Evolution came on....saw my son JUMP UP (spotted his brand new red PJ hoodie) and let it all go.  He's usually pretty reserved and we'd just been through a rough time...so it'll forever be etched on my heart as a moment of "he'll be ok".  Then I saw my daughter and future daughter in law also jumping up and down.  The place was wild.   29 songs?  What?

It wasn't just a concert...it was an experience.  The whole damn thing, start to finish.   The only crummy thing was when, at the end of the show, the guys were leaving behind the stage and Eddie pointed up at me, then threw a tambourine my way.  Except another drunk idiot on the stairs beside me reached across (almost fell over the rail) and intercepted it...then ran away up the stairs as the people around me jeered him.  Booo!