The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, D-Money said:

Longtime Radiohead fan, but sometimes you miss things... What a treat to finally discover this song:

Oh my! 

That was my reaction.  Could be the best thing you have ever posted on CDC DMo.  Very sad, but I thoroughly enjoyed that song...

• Cheers 1

So here is a fun topic, D Mo's post raised a different memory. 

Clarissa, my wife's best friend. A beautiful, beautiful girl, muther to my god son. Her ''celebrity pass'' was Thom York.  She grew up beside Northamptonshire in Coventry. A few years younger than, she would tromp. trollop, to pub after pub to try and get his attention when they were getting started. Stalked him really... To this day, she asks her partner to understand what might happen if she ran in to Thom ?    :lol:

I think everyone has them. My wife has a few?  George Clooney, Heath Leger, Chris Hemsworth, blah, blah, blah

Is a musician celebrity pass?

Mine has passed...  :(

I can hear a Cranberries song anywhere in the world, no matter what time of day.  Something stirs, always did.

I stand up, almost in awe; blood runs to my head, I become awake. My emotions, all of them, sadness, joy, fear surface. I become lost, giddy. I feel a part of her.  She still Lingers in me, please excuse the pun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For 30 years I had a man crush on John Foggerty. His music anyway, even though he's a generation older than me...   Single most played artist in my CD player, IPODS, cassette decks, play list, record players, you name it.  Would not even be close, only Jim Morrison registers?

I have read Proud Mary is the single most covered song in history?  A couple of magnificent covers by Foghs and the boys...

Let the Midnight Special?  Shine a light on me...

Juke joint, backwater jug band version of Hello Mary Lou that would make Rickie Nelson proud?  I could have played I heard it on the grapevine? Same would have applied

Hello Mary Lou? Good bye heart!  :wub:

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Like 3

Two "love" songs from Band Maid. The lyrics for the first song are captioned on the video. The lyrics for the second song are in the comments section. Steamy...

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus