The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Never stop being amazing ladies. 

Beat me to it. I slept in this morning...  :)

Songs I've heard from this album are indeed a bit different. What I have heard, I've liked (a lot), but nothing has grabbed me quite like "Freedom" or "Play" (Line Cube performance) and other songs from the 2016 - 18(ish) period.

A comparison. "World Domination" official MV and the live MV:

Perhaps it is the difference of a studio produced MV as opposed to a live concert footage based MV. Even fan footage from a much smaller venue is fun to watch (even if the audio isn't as good). I'm looking forward to seeing these latest songs performed in a live venue. Band Maid is a group which shines in front of an audience, where you can see them interacting with the fans, but also with each other There is also the difference in the world, and the evolution of Kobato and Tono as song writers/composers (with input from the other members of the band) to be considered.

Still, I'm liking this and am looking forward to the next release.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1
On 1/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, gurn said:

This song was ruined for me by Sandra Bullock's line from Demolition Man: "Chief, you can take this job and shovel it!" I always picture that scene when I hear this song...

regards,  G.

10 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Beat me to it. I slept in this morning...  :)

Songs I've heard from this album are indeed a bit different. What I have heard, I've liked (a lot), but nothing has grabbed me quite like "Freedom" or "Play" (Line Cube performance) and other songs from the 2016 - 18(ish) period.

A comparison. "World Domination" official MV and the live MV:

Perhaps it is the difference of a studio produced MV as opposed to a live concert footage based MV. Even fan footage from a much smaller venue is fun to watch (even if the audio isn't as good). I'm looking forward to seeing these latest songs performed in a live venue. Band Maid is a group which shines in front of an audience, where you can see them interacting with the fans, but also with each other There is also the difference in the world, and the evolution of Kobato and Tono as song writers/composers (with input from the other members of the band) to be considered.

Still, I'm liking this and am looking forward to the next release.

regards,  G.

I think you posted this. It's damn magic. They seem even better live. I love how they are feeding off each other. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think you posted this. It's damn magic. They seem even better live. I love how they are feeding off each other. 

Yup. The moments where various band members converge on Akane (the drummer for those who don't know) and try to throw her off with "hengao" faces are usually good for a laugh, with even an occasional "ahegao" from Miku...

T8hle-1sf5CHgOXrlCnKE4GMz15queTNqdyNB8vZ

The interaction amongst them is a big part of what makes their live performances so much fun to watch, whether it is on a larger stage, or on some small club (example)

Aside from poorer audio quality, and people getting in the way of the camera, I like how they operate in front of an audience in a small venue like this, with the crowd right in their faces.

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You  know the band is having fun when Misa (The bass player) is smiling. They are all so insanely talented. 

And to think that she almost didn't join this band when it was first being formed. And in the early stages, Misa had to be talked out of quitting because she felt she wasn't sure about the musical direction of the band vs her personal taste music (more alternative/maybe heavy metal). The manager who talked her out of leaving should be thanked... often.

She is (apparently) quite shy, and prefers not to be the center of attention when not playing. In several interviews or on stage moments, you can see that she is very like the kid who hides in the back and hopes that everyone forgets that she is there.

regards,  G.

• Like 1