The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

On 1/26/2021 at 5:43 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Any day that Band Maid drops a new song is a good day! 

On that note, I found some older songs which look to be complete concerts. I'm not sure how much longer they will be around as the new label (Pony Canyon) seems to be sifting the interwebz and removing content.

I found them (kinda' by accident) when I was on TWITCH, looking at some game play channels for CYBERPUNK 2077 (the game is still buggy). On a whim I typed Band Maid into the search and came up with a channel named "postconcert streamer" which had several previous concerts available for viewing: the 2014 acoustic the 2017 Shinkiba performance, the Zepp concert from 2018 and the Summer Sonic concert from somewhere in the last three or so years (I didn't notice a date and BM had been at that venue at least twice between 2017 - 2019..

I would have included links, but TWITCH doesn't seem to want to talk to the Canucks' forums (or vice versa). So, dig in and have fun. The Summer Sonic concert is interesting in that the band seems to be a bit tight (in the wrong way, perhaps because the crowd isn't there to just see them - and the guitar mix is low for some reason) and are the lacking energy which they normally exhibit in front of a crowd... until about the 09:45(ish) mark when they are playing "Freedom", and it seems like Miku screws up, just a little bit (it's that "la la la" part and she is late and only gets in "la la..." before the song has moved on. It's a small thing, but noticeable). Others in the band appear to be laughing at her mistake (in a good way as seen by shots of some of them over the next 15 or so seconds), and the band's performance takes off from that point. Or I'm completely wrong and misinterpreted what I saw/heard. :P

Otherwise:

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus

So, I found this, and I figured it was just a bit of fluff, someone trying for their 15 minutes of fame. It was only a minute or so in length so no real harm in taking a look.

The person in the video seemed really sweet, sincere and happy about her success in putting out her first CD. I liked her enough from this that I thought I'd take a look at one of her MVs, and was surprised at what I found:

This was a very good performance, and I'll be checking out more of her songs. Japan continues to amaze.

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus