The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

I think I'm going to go watch a movie. Option #1: Diva (1981)  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082269/?ref_=kw_li_i This is quirky and lots of fun.

The opening sequence sets the film up. A Jules makes a bootleg tape of a diva who refuses to record (and sell records etc.). The Jules is noticed by two Japanese "businessmen" who want the tape. Things get complicated when a second tape is introduced into the story, which involves a French crime syndicate. Now, the Jules is being pursued by two groups, neither one knowing of the other group in the mix, and he meets a young woman who may provide a way out, but what are the real motivations of his saviours? 

Option #2: Mon Oncle (1958) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050706/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0  Jacques Tati.

Warm, nostalgic and a lot of fun. Adrienne Servante (the woman we see doing the domestic chores in this scene) is really good. Tati is, of course, Tati.

regards,  G.

I got lured and instead watched this:

A visual and auditory series of expectations, sometimes which occur, but often you are pointed in the wrong direction. People in the film can see all around them through the glass walls/doors but there is little to no communication between them because there is no means of contact.

It is a film about a day with chance meetings, which turn into lifelong friendships, only to have them dissolve with the dawn of the following day. There is next to nothing in the way of dialogue to advance the plot. Most everything which needs saying is done as if you were hearing a conversation but from a distance, such that you barely hear anything and have to rely on physical cues and facial expressions to fill in the blanks. Slightly exaggerated sound.effects from the various mundane objects (doors are a big one) also help complete the scene.

regards,  G.

Flashback: Having a BBQ at a friends place in Kits. My Aussie friends are super stoked for the Bowie concert. One would sing "My TVC15 Oh Oh" The other would answer with "Golden Years Golden Years whop whop whop."                                  My ex girlfriend  was there with my sister. A little awkward but the day was a lot of fun.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

A couple of Band Maid MVs on Youtube have recently hit million view marks. Yay!

"Onset" is a live instrumental.

"Dice" has jumped over the 6 million views mark:

regards,  G.

• Like 2