The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 12:41 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

So when I was 18?

I worked in a record store for my first job.  Mentioned taking my Dad to see Midnight Oil, Crowded House here once or twice? Free tickets, my friends did not know who these Aussie bands were. So I went with Dad. 

My 1st payday, I had made friends with this guy in shipping / receiving. He unpacked sh!t while I mopped floors. He was a muso, played bass in a country band. Like me, worked there so he could be around music. Except I knew notta thing!   I asked him to pick me a record and I would buy and listen to it.  No matter what.

He said listen to this; Jeff Beck plays on the guitar & you said your mum was a hippy. I got 'cha!

Hurdy Gurdy Sessions by Donavan...  

He tripled my love for music, it was so good! I never forgot! Here is another super groovy tune. Austin Powers would wet himself. You posted Suzzi Quattro the other day, She sings backup vocals.

When I was 18, I had a brain full of illegal substances, some very fast cars that I drove around in listening to songs like this one 

Live fast, die young and make a good looking corpse.

I was watching a video about the story of my life yesterday with some friends and we commented on the fact that miracles are possible, I am still here.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
3 hours ago, Rubik said:

Does someone understand what Ozzy says here? "Alright let's go (...)"?

Another ‘Live’ album that wasn’t.
Is this Snowblind? I’m guessing that this the studio version where they had to clean up Ozzy’s singing because he was awful that night. In the live bootleg version it sounds like he says “Let’s go f’in whacko!” 10 seconds in, so I kind of think @Muttley might be right.

Oz was a little better with Snowblind but atrocious here in Symptom of the Universe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Another ‘Live’ album that wasn’t.
Is this Snowblind? I’m guessing that this the studio version where they had to clean up Ozzy’s singing because he was awful that night. In the live bootleg version it sounds like he says “Let’s go f’in whacko!” 10 seconds in, so I kind of think @Muttley might be right.

Oz was a little better with Snowblind but atrocious here in Symptom of the Universe.

it’s sweet leaf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1