The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that was all rather anticlimactic...

So here's JR covering Dylan....even Dylan loved this cover...dedicated....

"Of all the versions of my recorded songs, the Johnny Rivers one was my favorite. It was obvious that we were from the same side of town, had been read the same citations, came from the same musical family and were cut from the same cloth. When I listened to Johnny’s version of “Positively 4th Street,” I liked his version better than mine. I listened to it over and over again. Most of the cover versions of my songs seemed to take them out into left field somewhere, but Rivers’s version had the mandate down — the attitude and melodic sense to complete and surpass even the feeling that I had put into it. It shouldn’t have surprised me, though. He had done the same thing with “Maybellene” and “Memphis,” two Chuck Berry songs. When I heard Johnny sing my song, it was obvious that life had the same external grip on him as it did on me." Bob Dylan - The chronicle

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

This one slaps. 

Also forever mood: Edge 

Canadian phenom and arguably the greatest performer in sports&entertainment history. Typical a Canadian being the best at their craft and superior to Americans. Typical Canadian. 

Canada > USA