The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

It's womens tennis.. Holding serve is the equivalent of breaking serve in the mens game, at least for this crop of players

That's what I like about the women's game - if a player is down a couple points on serve they can't just ace their way out of it. They have to fight through and string together some good rallies. I got really pissed off watching John Isner serve 40+ aces. It was boring.

Kvitova is a good server though. Up a break on Sharapova

That's what I like about the women's game - if a player is down a couple points on serve they can't just ace their way out of it. They have to fight through and string together some good rallies. I got really pissed off watching John Isner serve 40+ aces. It was boring.

Kvitova is a good server though. Up a break on Sharapova

I don't like watching players who just rely on their serve either (like Karlovic or Isner), but that's not really what I meant. They just don't have any consistency at all. The double fault count is very high way too often and especially on big points. Guys like Federer and Djokovic for example don't have the best serves and certainly don't rely on them to win, but they still have the serve as a weapon. They're capable of digging deep and pulling out a huge serve when necessary. Part of that is their skill and part of it is mental strength. I find that many of the women currently on tour lack the latter and as a result their serves are a liability instead of an advantage

And Sharapova is through to the final, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4. Hopefully the same seeds are through for the men as well. (Would be Federer [3] vs Murray [4] :P)

Now time for the the match of the night in an hour!

Edited by Roger Federer

I don't like watching players who just rely on their serve either (like Karlovic or Isner), but that's not really what I meant. They just don't have any consistency at all. The double fault count is very high way too often and especially on big points. Guys like Federer and Djokovic for example don't have the best serves and certainly don't rely on them to win, but they still have the serve as a weapon. They're capable of digging deep and pulling out a huge serve when necessary. Part of that is their skill and part of it is mental strength. I find that many of the women currently on tour lack the latter and as a result their serves are a liability instead of an advantage

Yeah that's true

Sharapova had some double faults at critical times today. I think she had 10 total double faults in the match. Lucky to escape with a win after stats like that.

There seem to be a lot of new faces in the WTA. Maybe I'm just getting back into tennis so I've missed out but I totally didn't realize that players like Kvitova and Azarenka were in the top 3. It'll probably take them awhile to adjust to the pressures of being the best.

I'm watching on Euro Sport and Mats Wilander is commentating

Biggest bandwagoner ever. Switches his opinions back and fourth every time each player misses a shot.

And I'm pretty sure he's racist and sexist as well based on comments he's made all tournament long

Wow that sucks. I suppose you don't have TSN then?