The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

Watched Missing in Action with Chuck Norris ahaha. Would give it 10/10 just for sheer entertainment value. Me and a couple buddies were counting to see how many kills Chuck Norris could get throughout the movie because recently they watched some Steven Seagal movie where Seagal got 47 kills. We counted over 100 for Chuck... I found a website which gives stats for these things and their official count was 78 I think. But he blew up like 5 huts so it's hard to tell... Killed around 60 people in 2 minutes lol. We just made a best guess.

A Perfect Getaway - 7/10

It's about a couple (Steve Zahn and Milla Jovovich) who are hiking in Hawaii for they honeymoon, and who find out that some serial killers are on the loose.I was really expecting to hate it, but it's got my boy Timothy Olyphant in it, and I figured even if it sucked I could just stare at Milla and it would be time well spent. Turned out to be much better than expected. Most of the movie is spent trying to figure out which of the people they keep bumping into are the killers.

Drive 3/10

Seriously, how are critics raving about this movie? Adrenaline packed my arse - it took 40 minutes to actually get going and when it did, the only thing I could think was "Wow, the main character is an idiot." I almost fell asleep a couple of times and at one point thought this might have been a cheesy remake of Driving Miss Daisy.

Tower Heist - 6/10

Not great, but not terrible. Had a few funny parts. But the actual heist was pretty lame. They could have done something interesting with getting by security, with the supposed history of Stiller's character, but instead they basically just walked right in.

Drive - 8.5/10 An excellent movie and not at all what I was expecting. Ryan Gosling was incredible! I think by the end of this movie, just about every possible human emotion was felt.

I'm assuming those of you who didn't like this movie were expecting a Fast and Furious type action flick with not much thinking and dialogue? That is kind of what I was thinking going in but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

The Brood - 7.5/10

I can't really say too much about the plot without giving it away, but there a bunch of creepy child/monsters running around killing people.Apparently it was made right after Cronenberg's divorce, and it's pretty obviously a big frack you to his ex-wife. If you're a fan of Cronenberg's other horror movies (Videodrome, Scanners, The Fly etc...) you'll enjoy this one. Great gore, really creepy atmosphere, and some shock moments that'll have you muttering "what the frack" over and over under your breath. It does take awhile to get going though, and it doesn't feel as important as Videodrome of Dead Ringers.

And now that I've seen some films that I missed in December, here the 5 films I enjoyed the most in 2011:

1) 13 Assassins

2) Drive

3) Take Shelter

4) Shame

5) Midnight in Paris

HM: Tree of Life, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Attack the Block

Drive - 8.5/10 An excellent movie and not at all what I was expecting. Ryan Gosling was incredible! I think by the end of this movie, just about every possible human emotion was felt.

I'm assuming those of you who didn't like this movie were expecting a Fast and Furious type action flick with not much thinking and dialogue? That is kind of what I was thinking going in but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

Hugo - 7.5/10. I'm thinking that as I age, I care less about movies every year. I know in my heart that Hugo was better than what I am rating, but I didn't really care too much for it. I only saw it 2 weeks ago, and I already forget most of it. Still a decent rental though.

Thor - 6/10. Watched it for the second time. Better than some superhero movies, but forgettable nonetheless.

Clue - 7/10. It was nice to revisit this classic from my childhood. Tim Curry is one of those few actors I wish never aged. He would be perfect in todays comedies.

Immortals - 5/10. Good rental and better than I expected. A few plotholes and a horribly miscast Mickey Rourke make this average at best.

Hugo - 7.5/10. I'm thinking that as I age, I care less about movies every year. I know in my heart that Hugo was better than what I am rating, but I didn't really care too much for it. I only saw it 2 weeks ago, and I already forget most of it. Still a decent rental though.

Goon:

man i had low expectations for this movie but man i was laughing my ass off. So much random violence, an homage to various NHL incidents, and Stifler (yeah Stifler) played the lead role very well. it's a really good comedy with some romantic stuff in there which gives the movie some charm. only beef i had was eugene levy wasn't used well enough

8/10

Archived