The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

How do I get tickets to pre-season games, just show up at the box office or call? I will be in Toronto the week they host Hamilton and wanted to catch the pre-season game but I cant buy tickets from Ticketmaster and I can get tickets off of Toronto's website. 

Am I looking too early and should wait closer to June or they dont sell pre-season tickets online and I have to go to the box office/call?

Side note: Thanks a lot Toronto for changing your date with Hamilton. dry.gif

How do I get tickets to pre-season games, just show up at the box office or call? I will be in Toronto the week they host Hamilton and wanted to catch the pre-season game but I cant buy tickets from Ticketmaster and I can get tickets off of Toronto's website. 

Am I looking too early and should wait closer to June or they dont sell pre-season tickets online and I have to go to the box office/call?

Side note: Thanks a lot Toronto for changing your date with Hamilton. dry.gif

They should be available at both the box office and ticket master. Not sure when the box office will open for the season or what their hours are, but when they do go on sale, they will be available from ticketmaster.

You can see the progress here: http://www.bclions.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/10891

What does everyone think of the Aquilini family (owners of Canucks) buying the Lions?

Look at the ways the Canucks are better than the Lions, like marketing, and even things just in the quality of the website and the video they produce. They could improve that, and improve the average game day experience as well. Lions games have way less in the of presentation that the Canucks do. With a little investment I think it'd be awesome for the Lions.

Right on, thanks. But is there anyway to close those pictures after you open them ?

Thanks for the link and Lager, just click the picture again and it will close. Or just use the right arrow key to see them all and once you get to the end it will close for you.

Thanks.

I just ended up clicking and dragging them out of the way.

You can see the progress here: http://www.bclions.com/photo_gallery/gallery/id/10891

What does everyone think of the Aquilini family (owners of Canucks) buying the Lions?

Look at the ways the Canucks are better than the Lions, like marketing, and even things just in the quality of the website and the video they produce. They could improve that, and improve the average game day experience as well. Lions games have way less in the of presentation that the Canucks do. With a little investment I think it'd be awesome for the Lions.

You're basically comparing the Canucks budget/resources with the Lions, two entirely different levels.

I think he knows that they are different. He's just saying that if the Lions had the money to blow that the Canucks do, imagine the show they could put on pre game/in between plays/half time.

I think it would be great if the Aquilinis owned the team. But I don't think they would just start running around spending piles of money to slick up the franchise and the resulting fan experience. They'd probably slowly grow and improve the franchise based on their marketing experience and resources they use for the Canucks.

The Canucks are a license to print money. Properly managed, the Lions should always make a modest profit. If we wanted a NHL level of gloss to the BC Lions, I believe an increase in ticket prices would fund that effort. A fuller stadium is a large part of the live fan experience. Raise prices and you'll turn fans away. (unless we're winning many Grey Cups)

For what I pay, I've always been pretty satisfied from the Lions. And at no cost to the franchise, they'll get a renewed BC Place in 2011. I think this will do much more for the team than a better website.

Archived