The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

Printers will prove this season just how OVER-RATED he really is. All you have to do is look at his career numbers as a starter and they aren't impressive. Long season for the Lions, too many changes. Glatt, Jimmenez, Glover, Smart, Pierce, Malett, etc etc. I think Wally has lost it. Hopefully Lulay will end the season as the starter.

Printers will prove this season just how OVER-RATED he really is. All you have to do is look at his career numbers as a starter and they aren't impressive. Long season for the Lions, too many changes. Glatt, Jimmenez, Glover, Smart, Pierce, Malett, etc etc. I think Wally has lost it. Hopefully Lulay will end the season as the starter.

I wouldn't get too excited over Jerome Messam quite yet. He's been charged with assault back in Ontario. Wally had no comment upon learning about this charge and had not spoken to Jerome quite yet. Pending that discussion and the court proceedings, Wally will probably give him one more shot and then he'll join the list of Lions who encountered legal troubles and were subsequently dismissed.

Yeah, funny...immediately after posting that, I read the article. Not good. He didn't seem to get too much action yesterday and what I did see wasn't outstanding by any means. I'm sure Wally wasn't impressed with the news and that will be no secret...last thing he needs is someone who brings a negative vibe to the team...he's all about hard workers, not guys who think they're bigshots. We'll see.....

A few observations from the game:

Jamall Lee....can you say speed to burn and size?

Travis Lulay....dude was on fire

Can they find someone who, umm, doesn't run backwards when attempting to return a kick. Please and thank you.

Didn't use the facilities or purchase any food/drinks at the game. As for being "on top of the action", it was good. Sitting down in Row H made it a little hard to see into the corner of the opposite endzone, but I've been dealing with that since last season. Outside of that, I sat in a comparable seat when I was at Ivor Wynne Stadium (home of the Ticats), and I'd say that we're probably only 5-8 yards further back at Tempire than at IWS.

Does anyone know if the Lions are doing any of their usual ticket promos this year - like the 7-11 zone? I found something no the Lions page, but it mentions the seat locations in BC Place and looks like it hasn't been updated recently. Anybody know?

Archived