The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

yah, its been pettinger-stasny-schroeder. and yah he is too small to be playing center in the pros.

no offense but thats a stupid comment.... he finished 2nd overall in strength in the prospect combines last year......that means he was stronger not even pound for pound, but head to head against guys that were 6'4---6'7... height doesn't mean nothing if your strong enough to play...check out cliff ronning,derek roy, theo fleury, saku koivu, marc savard

all around 5'6-5'9 seem to have/had great careers...and yes fleury played about a third of his career at center

Schroeder's play is better suited to the wing; his performance thus far has proven that. It's not his size (wingers need to go into the dirty areas in the corners and in front of the net) but more his play style. His transition to wing was the best think he did all season, he was fine as centre in the NCAA (most forwards in the NHL played centre at one time or another) but I see him excelling on the wing in the NHL.

Schroeder's play is better suited to the wing; his performance thus far has proven that. It's not his size (wingers need to go into the dirty areas in the corners and in front of the net) but more his play style. His transition to wing was the best think he did all season, he was fine as centre in the NCAA (most forwards in the NHL played centre at one time or another) but I see him excelling on the wing in the NHL.

Yeah, I've said that from day one.

God, I hope he continues on this path.

I agree 100%. Besides all that, we have two of the top proven centres in the league (Henrik as an elite #1, Kesler as one of the best #2's) locked up for the next four years. If Schroeder wants to make the team, his best bet is as a winger.

JS was -1 with 1 shot tonight in a 2-1 loss.

I didn't see the game though.

It looks like the moose went back to their inconsistent ways tonight. They rely on Schneider way too much. He had to make 41 saves tonight, and they only got like 21 shots.

The sooner that team gets rid of the old washed up players and starts inserting some young talent, the better off they'll be. Hodgson can't arrive to that team soon enough.

it sucks that they don't included anything beyond the game winning goal. Cheap @ss abby organization :P

No, it's called Vancouver media having Canucks band wagon syndrome and none of them come to Heat games (except for Playfair an Moose) otherwise it's like the team doesn't exist. No good quality feeds and there is no sense paying for a 350,000 for a HD camera if Vancouver networks are not going to put it in their coverage.

Playfair incident went over the Vancouver media, hopefully now that more people know about it, media will follow coverage. Shaw provides coverage for Bruins and Giants.

Give it some time and it will get better. Heat website sucks but I'm sure with time it will improve. Remember this teams front office didn't start working together until July.

No, it's called Vancouver media having Canucks band wagon syndrome and none of them come to Heat games (except for Playfair an Moose) otherwise it's like the team doesn't exist. No good quality feeds and there is no sense paying for a 350,000 for a HD camera if Vancouver networks are not going to put it in their coverage.

Playfair incident went over the Vancouver media, hopefully now that more people know about it, media will follow coverage. Shaw provides coverage for Bruins and Giants.

Give it some time and it will get better. Heat website sucks but I'm sure with time it will improve. Remember this teams front office didn't start working together until July.

The Heats should have been based in Surrey instead of Abbotsford. They would have drawn a lot more fans that way. I mean Surrey have 400,000 people, while Abbotsford only have 160,000 people. Surrey is also closer to the general Vancouver area.

The Heats should have been based in Surrey instead of Abbotsford. They would have drawn a lot more fans that way. I mean Surrey have 400,000 people, while Abbotsford only have 160,000 people. Surrey is also closer to the general Vancouver area.

Vancouver isn't really a hockey town, more of a Canucks town.

A true hockey mad city will be filling all the Giants + BCHL games (maybe even college/university level too) but we all know that isn't the case.

Archived